Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Visit to Gammy Dori and Big D's house

Last week Nick had to go to Caro, MI (thumb area) to meet several clients. His mom and stepdad live there and have referred lots of people to him, so he goes once or twice a year and has meetings for two days. This year Gammy Dori invited Hunter to come and stay the night with Nick so they could spend time together while Nick was at his meetings. They had a great time and I also had a great time at home with Jack. It was so nice to have a peaceful and quiet evening at home with Jack. He got some one-on-one mommy time and we both loved it...it doesn't happen that often, so I just am thrilled when I get to devote all my attention to him. Of course I love Hunter, but he demands so much of our attention, that I sometimes feel guilty that Jack tags along so much.


Pictures that Gammy Dori sent to me from their day...

They went to the park...
They made these bird nest dessert things...
Hmmm....Lets just say it was a good thing I wasn't there. I feel like I struggle with all of the grandparents not to give him candy and junk food. I'm not saying I'm perfect or don't ever give them treats, but certainly in moderation. I couldn't believe the huge easter candy items some of his other grandparents gave him and Jack for Easter. Thankfully I don't feel badly about throwing candy in the trash when people bring stuff to the kids. I don't really let the kids eat it and I don't want to eat it, so I have to pitch it after they leave (hopefully they aren't reading this...haha). I mean, this child has so much energy as it is...I am not up for giving him any more sugar or I would go insane.

I think this is one of their neigbors...
Hunter must have gotten a turn at driving. I am considering getting him one of these for his 4th birthday, but we'll see (probably a Hummer or something...not a pink one!)

On Big D's golf cart. Hunter talked for days about riding the golf cart.

Gammy Dori and Hunter on the golf cart.
Helping out Big D.


Thanks Gammy Dori and Big D for letting Hunter come visit with Nick. He came home with some bad allergies and sick, so that was not good, but he said he had a lot of fun. I realized we haven't been to their house since Hunter was a little over one year old. The drive is just too hard with the kids--and sleeping somehwere new, etc. I hope when they are older we can go visit them more often rather than them always coming to our house.



No comments: