Monday, May 16, 2011

Friday night fun with the kids

Friday after work Connie and I took the kids to my aunt Rhonda's school. Nick was out of town, so it was nice to get the kids out and entertain them :) It was a school fundraiser and they had lots of activities for the kids. I didn't bring my camera, but got a few pictures with my phone. Joe, Heather, and Baby Tyler came too :)

I didn't understand this, but Hunter was begging to hit the car. They had hammers, bats, and other stuff and you could pay a dollar to hit this car 4 times or something like that. I told Nick later I thought it was silly and didn't get why Hunter would want to do it. Nick was like "I would have paid to do it too!"....boys I guess. It had the longest line, so I must be the weird one.
There he is taking his turn at it!
They also had a fire truck and were letting the kids climb the ladder. This was neat and the firemen were super nice to Hunter since he was a little on the young side. He did great, but I apologized to everyone in line since he took a long time!

He was brave and kept looking at me saying, "See me mommy!?!?" and I kept saying, "Yes, but keep your eyes on where you are stepping!"


That was Friday night. Saturday I had a shredding event thing at work and took Jack with me. Nick had a 5k run event for an organization that he serves on the board for, so he took Hunter. They had a 1k kids run, so Hunter did that. We met back at home at naptime. Then we had our date Saturday night, which was great. Sunday was a long and mentally exhausting day. The kids were just both rubbing us the wrong way. Hunter didn't want to go to church school, Jack was BUSY at church the entire time, Costco was a nightmare, Jack woke up fussy from his nap, and it just went on and on until bedtime! Jack didn't want to go to bed (I think he's teething), so I ended up rocking him to sleep. I actually fell asleep or over an hour holding him in his room...that tells you how tired I must have been b/c that never happens. I was whipped by 8pm.


No comments: