Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day 2011--more pictures finally!

Mother's Day started off well b/c both kids slept in. Hunter came in our room at 6:15am, but we all managed to fall back asleep until 8am and then Jack didn't get up until almost 8:30am. We ended up going to this Green Street Fair (as in eco-friendly event) in downtown Plymouth for an hour or so before lunch. It was such a nice morning and we wanted to do something outdoors. We've gone before and it's fun to walk around in downtown Plymouth. The kids got some cupcakes and they were able to run and check out the fountain. We had a nice lunch out on the deck when we got home.

Trying to get a good picture with my boys in front of the fountain (they had colored the water green).

Eating his "green" cupcake. He loved it, but they weren't even good as far as I was concerned.

Me and my favorite 3 1/2 year old :)Around noon, I went up to Brighton to hang out with my mom, Gigi, and Emily. We played cards out on the deck and had some quiet girl time. Nick stayed home and put the kids down for naps. He came up around 4pm when they woke up. We did this last year and I really enjoyed it. My Aunt Rhonda, Uncle Joe, Connie, Joey, Heather, and Baby Tyler came over too. We all just hung out and had fun together! Next year Jack and Tyler will probably be running around acting like crazy boys. Joey caught a frog in my mom's pond and was showing it to Jack (above). No joke, she has at least 50 frogs in her pond...it's so fun to see them all lined up and swimming around. Joe caught two of them and I was impressed how quick he grabbed them!

Heather and Baby Tyler...he was a little fussy, but we had fun anyway. They are fortunate to have Connie there b/c she is a huge helper! I'm jealous (even though she helps me quite a bit too!)


I wish I would have gotten some more pictures of my mom and other family, but I'm always so busy chasing the kids around that I'm not able to. Overall, I had a nice day with my family. Nick made this blog into a "blog book" with all the 2010 posts--I LOVE IT. I also got two new pairs of shoes :) Nick and Hunter took over the bed on Mother's Day morning...I usually end up on my side with no room once Hunter is in there. The rule is only after 6am is he allowed to get in bed with us.

Hunter made this little pot with flower in it for me at school for Mother's Day. So sweet!

No comments: