Monday, April 11, 2011

Our Weekend...and my lucky night!

We had a busy, but pretty fun weekend. Friday afternoon Nick went to opening day. He rushed home so we could head to a fundraiser for an organization where he serves on the board. They had a live auction, silent auction, 50/50 raffle, dinner, etc. Chuck Gaidica (channel 4) was the "host". So...the exciting part...I WON THE 50/50 Raffle!!!! I could not believe it!!!! You could pay $20 to get someones height in tickets. Nick's friend, John, is about 6'4", so I used him. I could not believe when they read my ticket number. I took me a minute to jump up and let it sink in that no one else was yelling out. I ran up there and got almost $700 in cash--yippee!! The funny part was that I'd already bid on something for my dad in the silent auction. Nick wasn't thrilled, but it is a great gift idea (can't say b/c he reads this), so I figured it all worked out since a portion could go to pay for my auction item that I won for my dad. He's impossible to buy for, so I jumped at the chance to get something cool that I hope he'll like. Anyway, this is sick and embarrassing to say, but most of the money is gone already. I gave $40 to John for a "commission", paid for the auction item in cash, Nick bought drinks at our table, paid for our professional photography session with the kids on Saturday in cash, gave my parents money for dinner since they took the kids out Friday night, went to Costco TWICE on Sunday--food and plants and a toy for the kids, Target shopping (Easter baskets, diapers, etc), bought a friend's lunch on Sunday, paid a babysitter on Sunday, dinner on Saturday night ...oh my. I am going to donate $100 to this charity I'd been thinking a lot about lately. Also, Nick said he's sponsor the chocolate fountain at this organization's holiday party this year too. After thinking about how much we spend in a busy weekend, it makes us want to stay home and never leave the house again.

This is me going to claim my cash...I told everyone how Nick was upset that we didn't have much cash on us that night and I was using $20 to buy tickets which was taking away from his beer money. It got a good chuckle.


Anyway, so that got my weekend off to a pretty good start. Saturday Hunter had soccer and had a lot of fun with Nick--yay! Then we rushed off to the park to meet the photographer. It was COLD and Jack was not having it. It was supposed to be nice, but it was wet and chilly for us to be outside with no coats. Saturday after naps my cousin Connie came over with Baby Tyler (her nephew--pictures to come). We ordered pizza and let the kids play. Sunday we did the usual...Costco, etc. I had lunch with Amber and then we had a sitter come at 4pm so Nick and I could run errands and eat dinner together. She's a new babysitter and I want her to get used to the kids so we can start having her come more often (ideally so we could go on dates once a week or so). It was SO NICE out yesterday too...Nick took the kids for a long walk while I was at lunch with a friend and then Katherine (sitter) took them out later too. I got Hunter this cool Mater (from Cars) bubble machine and we played with that on the deck before bed. It felt like summer and it was amazing!


Amber had some "blue" popcorn that she gave me to give to Hunter, so we had that before bed last night. We had to take it away before he ate the whole bowl, but he loved it! He still had blue on his face this morning.


Hope you had a nice weekend!!


Jennifer

No comments: