Sunday, November 28, 2010

More Thanksgiving pictures and update on my back

Below are more pictures from Thanksgiving day. We got together with Nick's dad, stepmom, brother, and his fiance yesterday. We hung out at our house and went out to dinner. We were thankful that they came to our house b/c it makes it so much easier for us not to have to travel far with the kids. I originally planned to cook, but with my back feeling so horrible, I just couldn't deal with it.
Gammy Dori and Jack watching the Lions lose :)
Big D and Hunter...Hunter really loves hanging out with Big D. He said "Big D laughs like a gorilla" and we all got a kick out of that!

Me and my sweetie pie. I love this little guy SO MUCH. He has been a little fussy, but he's great anyway!

Jack was happy sitting in my uncle Steve's lap :) He's great with kids!
Nana and Grandpa got Hunter a rc car to play with at their house. He had fun with it and was such a great boy. I think we've finally gotten to a point where we don't have to worry about his every move and him breaking something. It makes it so much more enjoyable for us. Now as soon as Jack is walking we'll have to worry about him instead!
My mom and dad put Jack between them, which was nice for us!
Big D and Gammy Dori at Thanksgiving dinnerMy Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Steve
When we got home, we hung out for a few minutes before putting the kids to bed. I thought this picture was funny b/c I was getting the camera and Nick was not paying attention (as usual) and Chopper was kissing Jack on the mouth! Yuck!

On another note, my back is in BAD shape (that is an understatement). It's so ironic (and bittersweet) that I felt better when I went to the Mayo Clinic and a week ago I could feel the injection wearing off (about three days after I returned from Mayo). It has gotten worse all week and the last two days I've woken up early in so much pain that I can't go back to sleep. Saturday I was up at 6:00am and today I was up at 4:45am and unable to sleep b/c I was miserable! SO, Nick and I talked this weekend and decided I'm going to call this week to schedule the surgery. I am meeting with a surgeon at Henry Ford Tuesday, so unless they recommend something different, I will probably have surgery at St. Joe's. My plan is to schedule it for right after Christmas. I was hoping to hold off till February, but I can't wait that long. Waiting until after Christmas is going to be hard enough. My lower back has been bad, but I had some relief from the pain shooting down the back of my leg, but now that that is back, I have to have surgery. There is no rehab, no exercise, nothing I can do besides surgery. There is a piece of the disc that broke off and is pushing against the nerve. It's the same disc that I had surgery on in 2006. I am so frustrated that there is nothing I can do besides having surgery b/c it's going to be horrible. I can't get another injection until the beginning of January, and was hoping to do that asap and buy myself some more time, but I can't take it anymore. It's not good timing with my parents going to FL, Nick's mom in Texas, but we'll manage...I just can't wait any longer. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It's going to be a long month with the stress of the holidays and feeling like this.


1 comment:

Bubby's Mommy said...

I am so sorry I've been out of touch but I've been thinking about you and all of your back pain. I cannot imagine. I am so, so sorry. Both Koji and I had hope that Mayo would have helped out more. Hang in there. You are in our thoughts!