Friday, March 26, 2010

Taking the kids out




I think it's really weird that Jack is almost 5 months old and Nick has not taken both kids out in public by himself yet. I think he is scared. I have to say I wouldn't do it if I had the choice b/c it's always easier with two people, but I do take them out at least once a week by myself (to MOPS or other places to play). I have not ventured to the grocery store or anything like that yet...but why would I put myself through it if I don't have to? I suppose it would be easier when Jack can sit in the cart though b/c right now he is in his carseat it takes up the whole cart.
Tomorrow there is an easter egg hunt, face painting, and the easter bunny at a park in Ann Arbor. I think Hunter will have lots of fun this year! I am going to hide easter eggs all over the house for him to find on Easter Sunday. On Sunday afternoon after nap Hunter and I are going to meet up with my friend Amber to hang out and go to dinner. He has been saying her name all week since I told him we are going to see her. He knows she got him Tickle Me Elmo for his 2nd birthday and I'm not sure if he knows exactly who she is, but he's excited!
Have a good weekend :)

2 comments:

Bubby's Mommy said...

Koji has taken both kids out alone ONCE....in almost 19 months....I have been doing it since she was a week old. We all know though that I can't stand being cooped up. Koji says I'm tough and that's the definition of a mother. I think he's a coward. HA!

Britta said...

You guys are hilarious. Franek hasn't taken both kids out alone yet at all, but in his defense, he never really needs to. It is stressful, but I think it gets a little less scary each time. :-)