Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Raincoat and Boots

I recently bought Hunter some new boots and a raincoat. I wanted him to try them on when we got back from the store and take his picture. He did not want me to take his picture and this is the progression of how it went.


"Daddy, save me from this evil woman trying to take my picture!!"


"Even though I normally love smiling for the camera, today I am not in the mood and do not like my mother."


"I think I'll throw myself on the floor in a tantrum b/c having my picture taken is the worst thing in the world right now!"

"Ok, now this is kind of fun. I am a champ at turning the tears off in a matter of two seconds when I want to. Let me show you my new outfit"

Ahhh...here is the sweet boy we know and love showing us his new outfit. Was that so hard? Gotta love this age.

Hunter loves his new boots. He can take them off and put them on himself (usually on the wrong feet), but loves to wear them around the house. He even wears them out when it's not raining b/c it's not worth the battle when he wants to wear them. It's not like I care if he wants to look silly out in public. A friend of mind has let her son wear his cape or things like that out to the store. I think it's funny, but now I can see in the big scheme of things, who cares? If it makes the kid happy we'll just go along with it.

3 comments:

Bubby's Mommy said...

I think we have a little Leo on our hands....Leo LOVES rain boots, still wears them on the wrong feet and in the scheme of things who gives a hoot? People always tell him, and I've tried to show him over and over but really, I don't care as long as he does it HIMSELF! Oh and Leo still goes out in capes or in costume...

Britta said...

I love that picture progression! Those boots are awesome! I'm with you and Jennie- as long as the clothes aren't way too hot or cold for the weather, I could care less what Lena wears. She often wears pajama tops or flowered pants with a different flower patterned shirt and then Santa socks. At least they keep us laughing, righ? :-)

Tom and Mary said...

When I said I had a friend that has a kid that wears capes out I was totally referring to you (Jennie)! I think before I had kids I would have thought it was a little weird, but now I see how it happens and I don't care if it's a little embarrassing!