Friday, March 19, 2010

Our fifth family member


This is our dog Chopper. He is a rescue dog and is about 5 years old. This is the place we adopted him from. Actually, the picture on this page is Hunter and Chopper from two summers ago! Had to throw that in there :)
Anyway, he is a good dog, for the most part. Yes, he likes to eat diapers and wipes (and then throws them up), gets in the trash, scares anyone that comes to the door or walks by the house, doesn't listen, gets in your space, BUT he is good with the kids. Hunter tortures him at times, takes his toys, pulls his "you know what", yanks his tail, and more. Chopper has given a warning growl a few times, but is really good with the Hunter and Jack.
We got Chopper before we had kids. He was our practice baby. We loved him more than anything and thought he was perfect, but then kids came along. I never believed my friends who said "Just wait till you have a baby. You will not like the dog any more". I thought they were mean. Now that is me. The cat is gone. She was our baby until we got the dog. I could not take it anymore, so thankfully my sister adopted her from us. Nick would not let me get rid of the dog and I don't want to, but at times he drives me insane. Nick still loves the dog as much as the kids. Nick spoons the dog in bed instead of me....and I'm not joking.
This is the hierarchy of the way our family operates: Jenny, Hunter, Chopper, Nick, and then Jack. I say this b/c Chopper dominates Nick and Nick lets him. Something is wrong with this picture, but I'm just stating the facts.
**update: nick read blog tonight and did not disagree with paragraph above.

No comments: