Friday, September 28, 2012

Random stuff

TGIF!!! Here is just some random stuff going on in life....

1) Our poor dog, Chopper. Boxers tend to have this issue where his gums get inflamed, swell, and the tissue grows out of control. His bottom teeth are completely buried in his gums. They are also overgrown all over his mouth. He has bad breath and it's just not good for him. See below...that is all gum sticking out on the bottom and no teeth in site. He has a massive under bite, which I think is cute, but all you see is gums. So, we were referred to a dental vet down the street. I guess he is one of the best around and people come from all over to see him. When we took him in, the doctor was pretty shocked at what he saw. He said he sees "a parade of boxers with this issue". He recommended that we actually extract all 6 lower teeth that are buried b/c it can cause infection and give him major health issue. I agreed to it, so they removed all 6 teeth, stitched him up, cleaned his teeth, and cut away a lot of excess gum all over his mouth. The poor dog was in a sad state when I picked him up. The vet assured me he was high as a kite on morphine. I took him home and tried to take care of him. He was drooling blood all day yesterday....on his paws, my carpet, my bed, etc. Nasty! Not to mention, I have to give him like 6 pills a day for a week and then three a day for a month--pain, infection, swelling and soreness. I feel SO sorry for him!! The worst part is 1) this treatment may only last a couple of years and we'll have to do it again and 2) it was $800. Only the best for our doggy. I would not be doing it if it was cosmetic, but it's for his overall health, so we want to take care of him. 


2) My mom is pretty awesome. She came over yesterday from 9am-11pm. She helped me a massive amount around my house. We cleaned out and organized every cupboard in my kitchen (a lot I might add), organized toys (threw out, donate, put some in basement), closets, kids clothes, pantry, laundry room, dining room, etc. My house is clean and looks just fine. Open a closet or cupboard and that's another story. I used to be a major neat freak, but after kids, I've loosened up. However, the last six months, I've felt suffocated in my own house. I need to purge things, get organized, and just get rid of "Stuff". I felt better this morning when I woke up! I have worked on my bathroom drawers, closet, and linen closets. I think I threw away 6 garbage bags of stuff, I've made two trips to Salvation Army, and have about 20 outfits to donate to Dress for Success which has an event 5 minutes from my house next week! Yay! Mom---thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Btw, she did "give" me as part of my Christmas gift last year a note to help me organize and promised by March 30th 2012. It's all good though! 

3) I have noticed a difference in Hunter since he's turned 5. For the better. God may be finally answering my prayers. He's been better behaved, playing better with Jack, and it just makes me breath easier. I'm happy about that!

4) A 16 year old girl moved in across the street. She seems super sweet and wants to babysit. I just need a few more options. She watched the kids for 2 hours last night and things went well. Thankfully she is willing to come back, so they must have been halfway decent! This is very exciting for me. 

I think that is it for now. I still have pictures from Hunter's party to put on here, so hopefully this weekend! 

No comments: