Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hunter is 5 (a little late)

Just a quick update about yesterday's post. I think the title should have been "Nick's new love". He told me he likes Siri more than me b/c she does what he says, doesn't boss him around, and doesn't talk back. Too funny. I find it amazing how Apple walks the line of Siri having a sense of humor. For example, I said "Thank you" to her just to see what she would say and she said "I live to serve". How funny is that? At least she knows her place. She can be sarcastic at times too which cracks me up.

More importantly, Hunter turned 5 last Thursday!! He was SO cute Thursday morning he came in and said "Mommy! I'm 5!!!" I said yes, you are, Happy Birthday! Then he looked himself up and down and said "But I think I still look like I'm 4!". Too cute. Hunter had a good day. I made him blueberry muffins for breakfast, per his request. Nick went to school for snack time and their celebration ceremony. Montessori doesn't allow for cupcakes/treats, so you get to bring snack for the day (fruit/veggies). We did grapes and 1/2 of a Gogurt thing for each kid, which was a big hit. After school Julie took him to the toy store to pick out some things while I took Jack to speech therapy. My parents, Emily, her friend, Connie, Gigi, and Aunt Aileen came for dinner. We had pizza, salad, cake, ice cream, etc. and opened some presents. It was a good day! I had to wake him for school the next morning b/c he was so tired :)

Sunday we had a birthday party at Three Cedars Farm. I didn't do the class thing this year b/c quite honestly I just didn't have my act together and have been SO stressed. I'd like to get away from that anyway. We were allowed to have 30 people at Three Cedars and I got it down to 35, so that was pretty good for me! A few people didn't show up...we barely fit on the wagon for the hayride---they packed us on there though. We had a great time and it was a nice fall day, but a bit chilly.

I have tons of great pictures on my camera from his actual birthday and Sunday, but haven't had time to upload them. Here are the ones my mother-in-law took. Thanks Dori!!!! 

On the way to his party! 
 I think Jack is excited for the party too!! I am so lucky to have such handsome boys!!! Jack is getting more photogenic now that he smiles on request--a big cheezy smile I might add. 
 I'm glad my mom and mother-in-law were there to help chase kids around. It was pretty crowded and the kids were all over the place. 

 Our group waiting to get on the hayride...
 Hunter and Alex (he lives three doors down). They play really well together and both have a lot of energy! 
 The wagon dropped us at a pumpkin patch and we let all the kids pick out pumpkins as "favors". I love this picture :)

 Jack feeding the goats. 
 Jack with Uncle Mark and Aunt Brandie--thanks for driving so far to come see Hunter!! 
 Love the smile!! 
 Hunter's special giant cupcake
Per Hunter's request we had banana cake too! 

I'll have to do another post this week about what Hunter is up to these days. 

No comments: