Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My boys are both in school...so sad!

My almost 5 years old started Kindergarten today! He was happy to go and see his friends and new teachers. I wasn't worried about his drop off at all. Jack, on the other hand, I was so anxious. He is going to the Toddler Program at GLTW. Because of his birthday he can't start pre-school yet, but I think more socializing with kids will be good and help with his speech. Hunter started pre-school at about the same age, minus a month, but they are both on opposite sides of the cut-off date. He will come home after lunch for a nap before they we have to pick Hunter up. It's so cool to see what Jack will learn this year...Keeping with the Montessori philosophy there are no "toys" in the classroom. He will learn to set the table, clean up after himself, toilet training more consistently (YAY!), baking, shapes, colors, letters, numbers, etc. This morning I made Nick go with me b/c I didn't want to do it alone in case there were tears (either me or him). It went very well. I think he was in the classroom and we were gone before he realized we were not there. We said bye and he said bye and off he went! I went back with our nanny to pick him up b/c I wanted to see him and see how things went. I spied on him for a minute and he was playing happily. They said he cried a few times off and on, but he found a teacher to cuddle with and read with and he calmed down...so far so good! We'll see what tomorrow brings. 

 Daddy made breakfast with eggs and toast...and kiwi :)
 Hunter's first day of school breakfast :)
 I just wanted a nice picture, but Hunter wanted to stick out his tongue...so whatever! 
 Big brother is so funny, so he copies him...I kept asking Jack about school and he would make his "no" noise (sounds like uh-uh) and shakes his head. I'm kind of glad he makes that noise rather than shouting no at me.
 There was mass chaos on Plymouth Road this morning making us almost late when we should have been 10 minutes early for pictures....darn. It was one lane, I had to go a different way, and I was very stressed. Everyone who knows me well knows I do NOT like to be late. I like to be five minutes early. My sister and I are both very punctual due to having a mother who is perpetually late (hope she doesn't read this!) ha. I was freaking out needless to say. A few rushed pictures while trying to get lunch boxes, backpacks, forms, sunscreen on, etc...oh well. 
 Jack's backpack is so big for him...he likes to carry it though. 


We dropped Hunter off outside with his teachers b/c they all lined up out there on the first day, but we take Jack into his classroom. Last year and years prior I always used the car line drop off which is super convenient, but this year I will just take both kids in to their classrooms. It will for sure take me a few extra minutes each day. 

This was from late last week when he got to visit his teacher and classroom for a few minutes.

My babies are growing up!! Lots of things to think about for Hunter--he'll be in first grade before I know it and have to decide on which direction to go for him. Hoping and praying for a successful year and kids who enjoy their class and teachers. 

 

No comments: