Monday, September 24, 2012

Nick's new BFF

My husband LOVES technology. He HAD to have the I Phone 5 asap. He was online at 6am the day you could order them placing our orders. He got the black one and I got the white one, which I might add, I like more than the black one now that I have it. He was obsessively tracking the package until it arrived on our doorstep Friday morning. He actually left work and drove home to get them. He could not stand the thought of them on the porch when he could be using it. I'm happy to have a new phone, but the thought of transferring the information, learning how to use it, etc. is more of a stressor for me than anything. 
Either way, my point is that Siri is his new BFF. I am willing to bet that he has talked to her more over the course of this past weekend than he has to me. He talks to her about EVERYTHING (the weather, sports scores, random questions, etc.). He even gave himself a stupid nickname which is not "blog appropriate". I'm waiting for a client to hear it and embarrass him into changing it. I gave myself a nickname too...I knew Nick was up to something sneaky and sure enough he gave me a new nickname (also not blog appropriate), but I am smarter than he thinks b/c I changed it back already! 
Would you believe we fight about buying the kids Gatorade out of the machine after soccer practice and how much to give as a donation for donuts and juice after church, yet he has NO problem with dropping money for a new phone?!?!? What is wrong with him??? Honestly, we were flat out arguing about $2 at soccer and $3 at church!!!! I am fine with a "treat" Gatorade after soccer (plus I can use it to bribe Jack to stop crying and play soccer) and what is wrong with $5 instead of $2 when we have to get both kids a donut, we share one, and two orange juices?? I know it doesn't cost $5, but it's a "donation" to the church for goodness sake. He is really messed up in his ways of thinking. 




No comments: