Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin carving 2010

We finally got around to carving pumpkins on Friday, two days before Halloween. Hunter clearly does not like to get his hands dirty. I did the carving, but tried to get him to help me clean them out. Nick supervised kids and took some pictures....he knows I'm better at carving pumpkins, so I did both of them. We used to have contests with each other before this year and mine always turned out better. Not that I'm an expert, but he is not creative whatsoever.
I asked Hunter to help me clean the pumpkins out and you can see by the expression on his face he is not having any fun.

He does not like getting his hands slimy or dirty
Ok, he's had enough...."mommy, I need some napkins!"

I carved "Jack" on one pumpkin and let Hunter choose the shapes for the second one...he wanted a triangle eye and circle nose....easy enough! He did like pushing the pieces out as I carved, so that part was fun :)

He did not like it when I put candles in them and turned off the lights in the kitchen...instantly scared. Then we took them outside and he said "I want to play outside in the dark right now"....I don't get it!
Today we are having my cousins over to go trick-or-treating...we're going to have pizza and go around to a few houses. Hunter has been Woody from Toy Story a few times, but we lost the hat and can't find any cowboy boots, so tonight he's going to be a Michigan Football player...we should put a bag over his head since it's embarrassing after the way we've been playing lately. Jack is going to be a duck--I'm sure I'll have pictures tomorrow!
Happy Halloween :)

No comments: