Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Family Trip to the Toledo Zoo

Nick does not like going to the zoo. I seem to want to torture him by making him go. What normal person doesn't like the zoo? Seriously. Anywho...they had this fun Halloween event at the Toledo Zoo this weekend. We had plans to go with friends, but they couldn't go at the time that worked best for us, so we just went on our own. The traffic on the way there was horrible, which got us off on the wrong foot. It was crowded. I refuse to wait in long lines to get a piece of candy (or sticker, coupon, whatever). So we skipped most of that and just went to see the animals. I decided part way through I was going to change my attitude and make the best of it. Hunter had fun and loves the zoo and that is what matters. We got a late start on the way home and then Hunter didn't nap which was shocking...he nodded off in the car for a few minutes, so we were quite disappointed when he didn't nap once we got home. Oh well. Nick and I need to work on going places as a family and not getting stressed out and just making the best of the situation! We like to get out and do things, so we've got to try to have fun and laugh at the stressful situations...which is hard to do in the moment.

We went on the train which is always a hit with Hunter. He was dressed up as Woody from Toy Story. All the kids were pointing at him and saying "That's Woody!!" He couldn't keep the cowboy hat on, so that didn't last. And I won't tell you how many stores I've gone to trying to find cowboy boots...they have them for girls, not boys. I've given up. I didn't really dress Jack up, but he had a dinosaur hoodie on.
So excited!
You can see Nick's fake smile a mile away. He was not happy to be there.
This large giraffe got spooked and was running towards us on the train--it kind of scared me for a minute!

I took the kids on the carousal...Jack rode on the bear and Hunter on the elephant. Nick stayed off and attempted to take a few pictures.



No comments: