Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hunter's obsession with puzzles

I will be the first to admit we have a ridiculous number of puzzles. If I had to guess I'd say between 30-35 and I already bought two more for him for Christmas. I can still remember how amazed I was when he was about 1 1/2 and could do a numbers puzzles after watching me do it once. I videotaped it at the time b/c I was so proud of him. Needless to say, he is really good at them and they are educational. Puzzles have basically taught him his abc's, numbers, and he knows all 50 states...and more! The child does not like to sit still, but you can keep him busy doing puzzles, and he's still for quite some time. We also have several floor puzzles that are lots of fun...maybe another post b/c on any given day we'll have three big floor ones in our entryway.

We like to do all of them and make huge stacks as we complete each one. This is not all of them, but many of them...


Lots and lots of puzzles!
We have easy ones, hard ones, musical ones, animal ones, you name it and we probably have it!
I picked up a few like this for $1 each at Target...I was so proud of that find!

This has gotten it's use and he can count to 20 mostly from doing this puzzle so many times.

The "S" is the only piece missing of all the puzzles we have.

This one has the most pieces---48 I think and he's so good at it (and has been for a long time)!

This puzzles taught him his shapes :)

You can ask him to find any state if they are piled on the floor and he can pick it up and put it where it goes. I thought it this was way too hard for him and he learned how to do it quickly quite some time ago.

No comments: