Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our morning conversation

Hunter was sick this morning, but we had the cutest talk this morning when he woke up. First, he woke up at 5:30am and came in our room and said, "I almost puked." I got up and walked him back to his room after he said he was ok to go back to bed. He then got up at 6:30 am and I went to get him dressed. While we were getting dressed and brushing teeth, this is how our talk went.

Hunter: It's nice to see you this morning mommy.
Me: Thanks honey. It's nice to see you. Did you have fun with daddy last night? (I had a late meeting)
Hunter: Yes. We played with Jack. He is my best friend. I taught him to crawl.
Me: That's great. Daddy said you were really nice to Jack last night and you guys had fun.
Hunter: I was. Then Jack will be walking, running, and hopping.
Me: Yep. Then you can play more together and it will be so much fun. Did daddy brush your teeth last night before bed?
Hunter: Yes, he did. He is a good daddy.
Me: He sure is.

Hunter threw up twice so he stayed home from school. He said he wanted to go to school and promised he would puke in the potty at school, but I had to explain he needed to stay home and rest and not get others sick. Julie our nanny was sick Monday and I've felt a little yucky all week. I am sure he'll be fine tomorrow!

No comments: