Thursday, October 28, 2010

Am I weird?

Last night I was watching Oprah in the family room. Nick was watching something else in the sunroom. His volume was up too loud and bothering me, so I texted him from my phone while lying on the couch and asked him to turn it down. Is that weird and/or pathetic and/or just plain lazy that I didn't walk in there to tell him? We usually hang out together, but I wanted to watch the end of something before we went up to bed. I was laughing to myself after I texted him thinking that was rather pathetic that I didn't walk in there to ask him. I didn't want to yell cuz I'd just put Hunter to bed and his bedroom door was open. The joys of technology and unlimited texting.



On a totally unrelated note...I can't stop thinking about the Oprah episode I watched. This mom was in the car with her 5, 4, and 2 year old kids when she was rear-ended while sitting in traffic on the freeway by a semi going 55mph. All three kids died. I was fighting tears while watching it as I just could not imagine what the parents have had to go through. The kids were adorable and they had the cutest videos of them. The boy had just turned 5 the day before the accident. The miracle twist was that they got pregnant with triplets (two girls and a boy--what they had before) and the triplets were born the day before the one year anniversary of the deaths of the other children. It gave me goosebumps watching it. They had to do invetro b/c after the first three kids they had done something to prevent having any more kids. What is so ridiculous is that they sued CA government b/c this area with a blind spot curve on the freeway has been a problem area for many years and they wanted something to change. They were not trying to get rich off their kids dying. They lost the lawsuit and the state is telling them they now owe the state $300k in legal fees. Give me a break. They are appealing, but honestly, that is insane.
Have a good day! Jack was up several times in the night and up at 4:30am this morning...Grrrr. I think he's teething again! That is just too early for me.

No comments: