Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Our weekend

I felt like last weekend flew by! When we went to bed Sunday night I thought it should only be Saturday night. We had a fun weekend, besides Jack's crabbiness since he's been teething.

Friday went to pick pumpkins after dinner. Hunter played at the pumpkin place for a bit and we had fun. Saturday morning Nick took Hunter to this fundraiser for a grief support organization where he serves on the board. They had a 1k run for kids and the proceeds went to New Hope Center for Grief Support. Hunter ran the 1k and they had lots of other activities for kids. Nick did not take pictures, so I took a few when they got home--he even got a medal!

While they were gone Jack and I took a great nap together on the couch--I just love cuddling with him :) I also cut his hair. I sort of messed it up and will not be cutting it again. I guess it's time to start taking him to see Dayna at the salon from now on! Saturday after nap, Hunter and I went to pick apples with my friend Amber while daddy stayed home with Jack to watch football. Saturday night we watched the Backup Plan. I would recommend this movie...it's a chick flick/romantic comedy. Nick fell asleep immediately (nice date falling asleep at 9pm on sweetest day--haha). The wine he drank during the game must have knocked him out. Sunday we went to church and met up with the Duprey Family after nap. We took Mason and Hunter to the park before going to the Gator Grille in Canton for dinner. Hunter was kind of a stinker at dinner and at the park. This was interesting....he randomly ran up to this boy who looked to be about 12 at the park and hit him on the head. The mom of the kid was laughing, but I was upset with Hunter. I just wonder what was going through his head--he didn't know the kid and it was so weird. I made him go apologize. Then he spit on Mason's shoe at dinner--Nick took him outside for a talk. He is in full horrible three mode and we are doing our best! The talking back is out of control and we are trying to put a stop to that as well. On another note, last night Hunter was perfect. I'd had some injections at the pain clinic and maybe he knew subconsciously to be good? He was such a nice boy...we did puzzles, read, and he was on his best behavior. Moments like that are so wonderful.
I hope you had a good weekend too :)

Hunter's medal. The run was in a subdivision called Steeplechase, thus the Steeple Stampede. I guess he ran the whole way so I'm really proud of him!


He is proud of his medal too! His teeth are gross b/c he was eating m&m's that he got from the run. They had a clown there that painted his arms.
On Saturday Amber, Hunter, and I took a wagon ride out to pick apples.
I sort of messed up Jack's hair, so I gave him a mohawk to try to hide the part where I messed up! haha.

No comments: