Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Visit from Gammy Dori--warning--it's a long one!

Nick went to Arizona for a few days, so his mom came Friday evening to help me with the kids for the weekend. I can manage on my own, but it was nice to have the company and an extra set of hands to help go do fun things with the kids. Friday night we went to Qdoba (per Hunter's request) and got ice cream. Saturday we got up and went to the Toledo Zoo. It rained on our drive down there and on the way back, but it didn't rain while we were at the zoo--we got lucky. Saturday night we gave the kids baths and just relaxed! It was a tiring day, but lots of fun. Nick got home late Saturday night and we all ate breakfast on Sunday before she left. Thanks again, Dori, for helping out...we all had a great time!! I am going to have to talk to Dori about changing the date on her camera as you can see some of the pics say 2003!!

Hunter's favorite part of the zoo was going on the train ride...

Mommy and Baby Jack on the train rideI don't know why, but I just love this picture...

Baby giraffe and termite mountain that we saw on the train ride

I love my Hunter!


Hunter had fun playing in this egg


Gammy Dori and Hunter...they had a fun playground area. Dori got to take a break while Jack napped in his stroller. I chased Hunter around for a bit b/c he asked over 10 times to go to the playground once he saw it. Finally we just gave in!

He had fun playing in this little area for kids where they could get their feet wet


After we got back from the zoo we just hung out around the house before bedtime

Hunter and Gammy made a really long train


We wore Baby Jack out at the zoo :)

Typical boy...I ask him if he has to go potty and he says no...I am not sure what to do about this. I've also been working on him telling him he can keep it a secret when he toots, burps, or has other boy things happening down there. We have to stop him from announcing every bodily function before he starts pre-school...I don't want my boy to be that boy.

No comments: