Thursday, May 6, 2010

Crying it out...or not?

This week we've decided to work on getting Jack to go to sleep on his own...Monday night I brought him up to his room for his bottle and planned to let him cry it out. He fell asleep on the bottle and I wasn't going to wake him up for the sake of letting him cry, so I put him in his crib and he was done for the evening. Tuesday night, he did not fall asleep on the bottle, so I rocked him for a few minutes and laid him down awake. He played around with his binkie and feet for a ten minutes before getting worked up and crying. We let him cry for 15 minutes and then I went in there. I rubbed his head and put the binkie in his mouth. As soon as I stuck it in there, he collapsed, dead asleep. It was so funny--I had to try not to laugh out loud. I didn't talk to him or pick him up, but that binkie knocked him out! It went way better than I expected. Wednesday night---I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. I laid him down awake, he played around with the binkie again and fell asleep on his own with NO CRYING AT ALL after about 20 minutes. I am soooooooooo thrilled. I don't think it'll be like this every night, but I am hoping it will be!! He is just the best baby ever.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww, he is getting so big and seems so happy:) I cant wait to see you guys tomorrow and i am waiting for my posting:)