Friday, May 21, 2010

First trip to the lake...

Nick is out of town from Thursday morning until Saturday night (late). As Hunter says it, "Daddy go bye bye on air--pain to ar--zona". We've got some fun things lined up to pass the time while daddy is gone. Thursday late afternoon I took the kids out to the lake since it was such a nice day. Emily, Danny, Hunter, Jack, and I went for a boat ride and grilled out for dinner. Hunter was really good on the boat. I was a little stressed about having to deal with both kids without Nick there, but things went just fine. Tomorrow after work Gammy Dori is coming to stay the night. We are hoping to go out for ice cream tomorrow night and go to the Toledo Zoo on Saturday. I am praying the weather will allow for this!

I was so mad that I didn't have a memory card in my camera, so these were taken from my cell phone. I have a horrible habit of putting the card in my computer and forgetting to take it out. I bought an extra so this wouldn't happen, but obviously, I still have issues with this.



Yes, I am a bad mom for not having my baby in a life jacket. I figure if the boat starts to sink we'll make sure he makes it to shore! More importantly, I was on the lookout for cops since it's a $300 or so ticket. I found that out when I got pulled over when Hunter was this age. Fortunately, he gave me a warning and no ticket. On the weekends he'll have to wear it (when police are out), but it was humid and he was already sticky so having the jacket on would have made him miserable...Once they are mobile, life jackets ALL THE TIME of course!


Hanging out with Aunt Emily (doesn't her dog look evil??)


Danny & Hunter driving the boat



We left as soon as Hunter woke up, so he had a cookie that Emily baked and a whole bowl of watermelon for a snack. Hunter had fun yelling "HI!" to all the boats we passed.


Hope you got to enjoy this nice weather too!

1 comment:

Britta said...

I'm glad you guys are staying busy with Nick gone! It gets overwhelming sometimes being the only one with both kids 24 hours a day. It's good the weather is nice so you can hang out outside, too! I always enjoy the TV to myself once they go to bed, though. :-)