Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The past few days :)

We had a nice Thanksgiving weekend...The best part was my mom offering to take Hunter on Wednesday night to help her bake and have a sleepover. I love my child, but it was pretty darn awesome to wake up on Thursday and have it be so quiet and peaceful. It would have been the same if Jack was gone and it was just Hunter (maybe). I worked on a puzzle that Hunter wanted to start a few days prior, Jack did his own puzzles, and Nick read the paper...it was a nice and quiet morning at the Hopwood home :) Thursday after Jack's nap we went to my parent's house---it was pretty chaotic so I didn't even take any pictures. Friday we took the kids to Jungle Java in the morning and I went to dinner with a friend Friday night (part of my make-up birthday). Saturday the kids had their sports and while Jack napped Nick and Hunter went to this event at the Michigan Theatre with another dad and kid down the street to watch the game. They had stuff set up for the kids so the adults could watch the game I guess (magician, and other stuff). Saturday night we went to our club with Nick's brother, dad, and step mom. They came to see the kids for a while and then a babysitter watched them which was nice for all involved. Sunday we drove back and forth to Caro to see Nick's mom, step dad, brother, and sister-in-law. Gammy was so happy to have both of her kids and grand kids together. We ate too much and it was a quiet car ride home--me and both kids slept just about the entire drive back. 
Sorry Nick. My back hurt from the long drive and doing dishes, so I am glad I got to take a little nap. 
 After soccer on Saturday I asked Jack if he wanted to play and he said he wanted to re-vacuum the family room for me. I guess he thought I didn't do a good enough job the first time. Too cute. 
Hunter and Aunt Brandie at Dori's on Sunday....so cute!! She is a wonderful aunt :)
 Yesterday morning Hunter was so funny--we went in the car line which he hasn't done all year. He did it the last two years, but now that Jack is going to school there too and I have to take him to his class, we all just go in together. Jack had a check up at the dr so Hunter was super excited to do the car line. We were first in line which was even more exciting for the child who MUST be first at everything! He opened the sunroof and was saying hi to everyone who walked by. I'm amazed that he knows all the kids...even ones not in his class! I think he's Mister Popular or something (maybe class clown??). 

Jack went in for his 3 year check up and this is before he "got poked". He is so darn cute. He is in the 55th percentile for height and 70th for weight...he's not going to make it to the NBA like Hunter. Nick is banking on Hunter--he is just 5 and better than all the 7 year olds in his bball class (according to Nick). He is a very athletic child where Jack could care less if he's the slowest or last. He's way more chill...Hunter will just tell you he beat you in a race no matter what, but the kid is fast. 
Anyway, Jack kept saying "poke me" to the nurse and I was telling him if he didn't cry and was super brave he would get a treat. He was a champ and got some yummy animal crackers afterwards. I always love how you can hear some kids screaming bloody murder after they get poked and then the nurse leaves you to get your kid dressed and check out while they are hysterical. 

Hunter was at the dr this morning b/c he has an ear infection. He was up crying last night and Nick didn't get much sleep. I woke up at 6am to Jack yelling for me and couldn't find Nick and Hunter. Turns out Hunter was asleep in the sun room and Nick was on the floor next to him! I wasn't feeling very good, so I slept through most of the nighttime drama. 


No comments: