Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Last post about Jack's bday--and mostly pictures :)


Sunday we had grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc. over. There were about 15 of us and our kids were the only kids, so they had fun getting all the attention from the grandparents and relatives. My parents got Jack this 4-wheeler below. Hunter has his "gator", but Jack doesn't like to drive it--he'd rather be the passenger. Besides, Hunter would freak out if Jack tried to drive it. 
 Jack was totally out of control. The kid just doesn't put it all together and was off like a crazy person.
 I wish I was a kid in the year 2012. Seriously, the kids and their toys!! What a life. My step father-in-law was commenting about that and it's so true. They are a tad bit spoiled being the ONLY grand kids on BOTH sides of the family!! 

 I just had to include this one above b/c Nick has a beer in his hand and jumping after Jack b/c Nick just paid to have some new trees and landscaping done and Jack was going for a tree. I know Nick wasn't concerned about the new toy, but rather his new tree. He moved fast above then he does when I scream, "Hurry and bring me some wipes, I have kid poo on my hand" or "Hurry and help I have vomit on my shirt from a kid!" Slow as a snail to react most of the time. 

 My parents got Hunter a Spiderman mask and Jack some other one (Avengers maybe??)....they went around and kissed everyone with their masks on :)

 We (well I, since Nick didn't know anything about gifts until they were opened) to Jack a table air hockey table, radio flyer big wheel, puzzles, crayons, and coloring books. I even put the big wheel together at work with my cousin for 45 minutes so Nick wouldn't have to do it. Because.he.sucks.at.putting.things.together. No joke. He won't deny it either. 

 The smile is silly, but still cute! He got banana cake of course! 

This little munchkin is the best. HOWEVER, his mommy's boy personality is worse than ever. I kind of love it, but feel sorry for others. For example, I had to leave last night and when my friend picked me up, I decided to sneak out on Jack b/c I knew it would be BAD otherwise. Once he discovered I was gone I got a text from Nick saying "This is the worst night of my life. Jack cried 'mama come home' for two straight hours. I mean non-stop". Poor Nick. Nothing like adding to my mommy guilt though! And last week Nick arranged a play date for Hunter for the FIRST.TIME.EVER. I was so happy. He took both kids to Jungle Java one evening. I thought they'd be back at bedtime (they left at 5:45pm). One hour later after he paid $15 to get in, he texts me to say they are on the way home b/c Jack cried for me the whole time. I told him to leave the kid home, but he insisted on taking them. Yes, I was so happy. However, I cleaned out the whole fridge, made myself dinner, sat down to eat in peace and watch tv and they were home 15 minutes later. So much for my relaxing night at home for a couple of hours. Then Nick was mad b/c I was annoyed and seemingly ungrateful and it went downhill from there. If I would have just sat on my a$$ instead of cleaning for an hour, I would have been more grateful, but to get a text that he's on the way the moment I sit down was not cool. I truly believe he was just too cheap to pay to buy them food there which is so dumb. 

No comments: