Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Notre Dame Game 2011--Go Blue!!!

Well, I promise one of these days I will put up the rest of the pictures from Labor Day weekend. I wanted to get these up though so I could share. Saturday U of M played Notre Dame--it was so cool. We had SO much fun!! My college roommates Erica and Lindsay were both there and a few of the guy friends we hung out with in college too. It rained for a few minutes after we got to the tailgate, but after that, it turned out to be a perfect evening for a football game. Erica and Dave stayed the night at our house--it was so nice to have them over. I felt badly b/c the kids were up early and making a lot of noise, so they didn't get to sleep in much (sorry guys). We paid a small fortune for the tickets, babysitter, parking, food, beer, etc. with the outcome, excitement of the game, and hanging out with friends, it was well worth it!



Lindsay, Erica, and I. Hard to believe we are all mommy's now!! Getting old!!


At golf course tailgate with the guys...
Julie and I went to high school together and were good friends. We both went to U of M, but never ran into each other. I think since I was one year older, we sort of lost touch when I graduated. I'm so glad we got to meet up and hope we can hang out again soon.




Us girls with JJ.


Erica and Dave...I'm SO glad Erica and I have kept in touch and still usually manage to see each other about once per year! I wish it were more though :)



And who could forget Steve?!?!?


Not sure I've seen him more than once since my wedding, but we had


so much fun seeing him again!! I love this guy and miss seeing him all the time. He needs to get married so we can all hang out again. hint hint??


Lindsay and her husband Louie.


Lindsay, Lindsay, Lindsay....I don't even know what to say.
This guy in the gold body suit was hanging around the golf course area. He must have been just a little drunk. Something else looked really little too...I mean, seriously, you can't help but notice, only b/c it looks so small. Gross. I bet his mother is proud.
From our seats...they weren't that bad actually and we had so much fun sitting with Dave and Erica! Nick and I...smiling b/c it was near the end and so exciting! I thought we were going to lose for most of the game but the last quarter was so awesome!

Right after we won...I was thinking "Paying for these tickets was worth it for this moment right now!!!" It was amazing that no one was leaving the stadium after the game...people were so thrilled and were just staying in their seats taking it all in. We got home about 1:00 am and Hunter was up at 6:30...not cool. My plan to have the sitter keep him up and have him sleep in backfired. He was up early and cranky. He said, "Mommy, I'm going to cry all day long just to make you upset". Thanks kid.




My back is killing me from the game too. I knew it would be 15 minutes into the game sitting on those benches with no support. I was feeling so bad on Sunday. Yesterday I went to get a massage to try to help and now it's even worse. Nothing like paying to feel worse. I have been using ice all day and biofreeze in between. I was supposed to go to a baby shower Sunday and I could not go...there is no way I could have sat for that long. Thankfully Nick was a good sport and let me rest and not over-do it with the kids.




The worst part is Nick has stuff going on Monday/Thursday this week and I have stuff Tuesday/Wednesday so we are not home together all week.


No comments: