Monday, September 26, 2011

Hunter's Birthday Party!

Saturday (September 24th) we had Hunter's birthday party at Domino's Petting Farm. There were about 40 people there, so we a good time! We had a lot of Hunter's classmates there, some family friends, and some neighbors. Most of the parents stayed with their kids, so that was nice to get to meet some of the parents in Hunter's class. It started at 10:30a am, so the kids had time from 10:30am-noon to feed the animals, go on hayrides, and just play. At noon we went into the Griffith Station party room for lunch, cake, and ice cream. We didn't even have time to open presents. I felt kind of badly about that, but Hunter was SO wound up, plus we had to be out of the room at 1pm. We ended up opening presents after naps (well Jack napped, but not Hunter!). It was nice to do at home. We took pictures of him with each gift and I plan to send that with the thank you notes.

I appreciated so much the time and effort everyone took to come to Hunter's party. I'm thankful for our friends, neighbors, and the school he goes to. We even found out that a girl in his class lives in our subdivision and we didn't know it! I was worried b/c a week before the party we only had a few people RSVP and we ended up filling up the room exactly :-) It was a lot of work, but I think Hunter had fun, and when it comes down to it, that is the important part.


Hunter with Alex and his sister (they live on our street).


They took our party on two hayrides. Hunter was seriously in rare form--he was so excited and had so much energy. Here he is with two boys on our street. They are in 1st grade and in the same class. Hunter loves to play with the "older kids" on our street (there are four different boys he is asking to play with every single day)...I'm glad they are all so nice and don't mind playing with the younger kid!

Jacque and Michael. I'm so glad they were able to come...Michael is turning two in a few weeks and having his party at the Hands On Museum--can't wait!!


Our neighbors Connor and Calise. They are buddies and both the sweetest kids!


Janeel and her daughter. They live two doors a few doors down. They have one boy and two little girls...so cute! I love her pouting at me :)

A lot of the kids were in his pre-school class, a few family friends, and a lot of kids from our neighborhood!
Being silly!

Lunchtime...they had a lot of tables set up, and even a few outdoors thankfully b/c we had a lot of people there!

I called to order the cake the day before. Thankfully the bakery said they could do a cute farm theme to go along with our location! I love how it turned out!!
I can't tell what he is thinking--maybe a little shy that we are all singing? One boy leaned over and blew out two of his three candles...he looked upset, but we distracted him telling him to blow out the last one and it was all good.
Hunter and Lauren. She is really sweet and has a great smile!
Three girls in Hunter's class (I'll have to ask Hunter their names!!)

I'm glad it wasn't all boys and I love seeing how different the boys are from the girls.


We had a nice, but exhausting day. Jack has a cold, Nick has a cold, my back has been making me so miserable, and the kids are not sleeping. I have been up between 5 and 5:30am for at least 6 days straight. Ahhhhh. I have been feeling nauseous and I actually looked it up today and severe back pain can make you physically sick to your stomach. That is how I've been feeling. Not good. I have an MRI on Friday thankfully, so I hope to get some answers, but I'm not overly optimistic after all I've been through. I am at my wits end with it all. Maybe I need to do a pity party post? I am planning a "stay-cation" for the week of October 10th and then Friday-Sunday that week Nick and I are going to a bed and breakfast. I sure hope to recharge my batteries b/c I desperately need it. I would sure appreciate any prayers!!!

No comments: