Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hunter's Birthday--more pictures

As we were getting ready for bed last night Nick and I were talking about how fortunate our kids are that we really try to make their birthdays a celebration and FUN. We said when we moved into this house that we want to entertain more. However, when it comes down to it, it's a lot of work! I love my kids so much and want to make their birthdays special and have a party for them, but my goodness, it is tough when I'm working and have a bad back. I sure hope since I print this blog each year that Hunter will appreciate it when he's older--probably not till he has kids of his own, so I better be alive when that happens :) I know he won't even remember this in fifteen years, so I will be sure to pull out the blog book and say to him, "I know you are a teenager and think your mom and dad are not cool, but look what we used to do for you! Now be nice to us!" haha. Now that last night is over with, I can focus on his next party which is Saturday. I am nuts. I know it.

My mom picked up this banana cake from Marv's Bakery. They make the best cakes EVER. Nick said they are his favorite b/c they are always so moist and yummy. I think the piece I cut for Nick was at least 2,000 calories.


My Aunt Rhonda made this giant cupcake for Hunter. I heard through the grapevine that she made it on Sunday and her son got into it and then she had to make another one...Thanks Rhonda!! That was fun for Hunter and he really enjoyed it.



I got mint chocolate chip ice cream per Hunter's request.


The gummy worms were a hit...


His "big" gift from us. Yes, we are nuts. It's a John Deere ride-on thingy. I want to cry (and smack Nick) b/c we had it all planned out to video Hunter going outside and my husband somehow didn't get it on video. He has this dumb video talking about it before Hunter came out, but he didn't get the actual moment. I'm NOT happy. Can you see me chasing him in the background? There was mass chaos last night. The kid can't drive it yet, someone took the governor off to allow it to go fast, he was driving on the neighbors yard, dumping beer cans all over the yard out of the back of it, was close to smashing into cars, and almost killed Jack by running him over. If I didn't have enough stress already, now I have more. I have no one to blame but myself b/c it was all my idea too. I thought if I took the key out this morning he could not drive it, but no, it still works! He tried to take off on it as we were leaving for school this morning. Now I just wish this had seat belts. Aunt Emily got Hunter a new leather chair to sit in....Jack was testing it out.
My mom was being silly with Jack and teasing him with grapes. He was laughing hysterically. I love nothing more than a toddler's laugh.




I cropped this one b/c my mom was making a ridiculous expression at Jack and I don't want to put unflattering pictures of anyone on here. Mom, don't say I'm never nice to you! He was having a lot of fun...thankfully, b/c he was a little fussy. I love his natural highlights that he has right now. They are so stinkin' cute.


Jack fell asleep around 8:45pm and Hunter didn't fall asleep until about 10pm (thanks to Aunt Rhonda buying those wind up chattering teeth--he kept doing it and honestly, he did it so much, they finally broke. I am secretly happy). I thought for sure I'd have them sleeping in for me this morning. Nope. Hunter up at 5:45am and Jack up at 6:05am. No rest for the weary. Jack even had medication for teething last night and Hunter had cough syrup. Just plain cruelty for kids to be up that early!

No comments: