Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hoppy's Birthday (celebrating--and posting a week late)

As you can see, I'm posting a week behind...we've had a fun and interesting Labor Day Weekend thus far...I hope to post all about it early this coming week. Hunter starts school on Tuesday (Sept 6th) and he's excited about it, so I am happy that he's happy! One more day of "summer vacation"....tomorrow (Labor Day)...and we are headed to the Toledo Zoo in the morning with some friends and hanging out with my family in the afternoon. Just hoping the kids sleep in a little b/c the past 5 days have been rough (a long story).


Hoppy's birthday was August 21st, but he had a hip replacement and wasn't feeling up to celebrating on his actual birthday, so we went to visit on the 28th instead. Mark came too, so it was nice for the kids to be able to see him :) We played in the yard, went for a boat ride, and ate dinner with them. It was a nice day, but pretty windy!

Hunter always enjoys driving the boat with Hoppy. I have pictures of him when he was about 11 months old on Hoppy's birthday a few years ago doing the same thing :)
Jack taking his turn at driving the boat with Hoppy

Uncle Mark and HunterSo cute...Hunter loves his Uncle Mark


Nick and Mark with their dadMimi and Hunter...he was running around quite a bit, but took a quick break for a juice box and I was able to get a picture of them together.

Uncle Mark helping to teach Jack how to hit the ball...I really like these pictures. Mark is really good with the kids.

Yay---they hit the ball!





Jack is in a phase where he likes to do things himself, so he was trying out all the balls he could find on the tee...
Hunter running around playing "soccer"
Hoppy & Mimi...I wish I was the one sitting with a drink and watching the kids, but no such luck. No rest for the weary.
My handsome husband. I had to include this one b/c I think he looks so good here! He drives me crazy sometimes (in a not-so-good way), but then I see pictures like this and am reminded how lucky I am to be married to him. Love you!


No comments: