Tuesday, August 14, 2012

We made it! Happy Anniversary :)


Today is our 8 year anniversary. We started dating in May of 1999 and got married in August 2004. Time flies when you are (or not?) having fun. I think back to when we first met...so in love, not a care in the world! SO MUCH has changed--good and not-so-good. A house, two kids, stressful jobs, and a LOT of responsibility. I won't lie, it's been a tough year (not so much the seven year itch, but the 7  "our kids are crazy year"). We joke and promise to never leave each other b/c neither of us wants to raise the kids alone!! The kids and issues with them that we've had this year have taken a toll. I hope to look back in five years and say "we did it!!" I'm sure we will. It's tough when you have a lot on your plate, a stressful job, my back issues--especially with surgery this year, and come home to a stressful environment with kids who have a ton of energy. Don't get me wrong, we have a really good life. Things could be a lot worse and I try to pray and keep that in perspective. We live in our dream house, have mostly healthy kids, good jobs, family, etc. We don't have a lot of family help lately which I've realized over this past year is a real struggle for us. We have to hire a lot of help.  I'm not trying to have a pity party or play victim, but it's not easy right now. I feel like we have so much going on and it's hard for me to find babysitters that I can leave the kids with. We had our kids and they are ours, so I am not trying to pass off things onto other people, but I won't lie and say I'm not extremely JEALOUS of the friends who have A LOT of family help. I wish my mother-in-law lived closer b/c she is retired and could help us more. My parents are just really busy with work and travel a lot. We are not quitters and I know things will get easier. I still remember my surgeon telling me (he has three boys) that if we can make it through these few years we'll be good to go. We just keep chugging along! We need to have more date nights b/c things are good when we can go have fun together. I know I'm just typing this on a tough day as the last five days I've been going at 110% all day long. But then again, I signed up for this work and kid thing, so I shouldn't feel sorry for myself! How come no one tells you BEFORE you have kids how hard it is???? It is crazy b/c last night I had a dream that I was not working anymore and life was all peaches and cream...and I know it wouldn't be, but it would be a little less stressful.
There is no one I'd rather be going through this craziness with....Nick is awesome about giving me a break (aka "mommy time out") when I need one. I am more emotional, stressed, anxious, and add pain issues into it, and I'm sure I'm not the easiest person to live with! I love you Nick!!! Can't wait for our date tonight!!!!!!!

No comments: