Monday, August 13, 2012

Just some random stuff

We had a very busy weekend! I got home from a CRAZY work day on Friday at 4:30 pm and had to leave again at 5pm to go to a fundraiser with Nick. We sort of had a "date" night I guess you could call it, with a lot of other people. I bid on a cool piece of art and it looks really cool in our dining room :) Saturday I picked up my anniversary gift to myself (8 years tomorrow!!!). Nick bought his own gift and I bought my own gift, so we are even and just going out to dinner tomorrow night, thanks to Groupon. Ha! He got a car in June and I got a new ring that I am in love with. I didn't know these were our anniversary gifts until a few days ago by the way. I should have waited till after our anniversary to get the ring and then he would have had to get me something! I won't complain though. Then after I picked that up on Saturday my mom came over for a bit, took Hunter to a bday party at Jump City, went to the movies, and it was bedtime. Yesterday we did the usual with church, I met a friend for lunch, and then went to the pool with my parents....Go go go....way too much these past few days. 

 Here is Hunter at his friend's birthday party. Christian goes to GLTW and they seem to talk about each other a lot, so we wanted to go to his party. Plus Hunter LOVES Jump City. It was cute b/c the mom said "Sorry, most everyone here is Korean". It's totally cool with us. Hey, Hunter plays with a boy, En-ling, two doors down who doesn't speak English, but I guess boys playing doesn't require them to speak the same language anyway! Check out Hunter's face...he was totally drenched in sweat and red face. The kid does not take a break. 
 Hunter on the way home from Jump City. I opened the car doors and let him sleep at home. It was cool out, so don't worry. 
 We went to the pool last night...this is my goofy child. 
 Julie filled up a little pool and put soap in it the other day....he's pretending to be Santa. 
 Julie took Jack to meet up with Allison and Monica at County Farm park...I can't get over how cute they are!!! 
 I would like to plan their wedding now...
This was at our family reunion a few weeks ago. Jack fell asleep on the way there and we put him in Aunt Emily's bed where he slept for several hours. It was so cute!


Well, Nick and I made it through the "7 year itch" as "they" call it...as long as we make it through the day today. More on that tomorrow. It's been a heck of a year, but we did it--ha! 
 

No comments: