Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grand Haven with the family--minus Hunter

We went to Grand Haven for the weekend and had a great time! We left on Friday early afternoon...Nick took Hunter to meet his mom and he stayed with Gammy Dori for the weekend. Nick, Jack and I went to meet my parents at their boat in Grand Haven. We wanted to stay on the boat and it's just impossible to do with both boys at their ages. I feel slightly guilty about this, but Hunter had fun at Gammy's and we didn't even tell him where we were (and he didn't ask, so we didn't even lie!)
Jack and I slept in the spare room on the boat, Nick ended up (passed out??) on the couch, and it worked out just great. Friday night we took the dingy over to the boardwalk, ate dinner, and got some popcorn (see below). Saturday we went to breakfast, took Jack to the splash pad area, the beach, went for a nice long boat ride, went to the pig roast at the marina, and then went to get ice cream--and roasted marshmallows...fun day! Sunday we went out on Lake Michigan for a nice ride (the water was really choppy on Saturday so we went to Spring Lake instead of Lake Michigan). Thanks mom and dad for having us--we had a lot of fun!! Thanks Gammy Dori for taking Hunter--it made our weekend easier and he had a great time!! 
These are the pictures from my iphone....I have more on my camera whenever I find time to upload them.
 Jack had fun eating lots and lots of marshmallows!
 Sunday we left around noon and Jack was asleep in the car within 20 minutes. 

My mom and I sat out on the front of the boat on Saturday and watched this huge barge come in...it was so neat (I have better pictures on my camera). These boats are SO huge and amazing to see right up close. 
 We went to this neat little popcorn place on Friday night. My dad is obsessed with it and wants to open one in Brighton (or in his shop). They have lots of flavors and we bought the most popular one called "fruit salad". It tastes like popcorn dipped in candy. It was yummy! I brought some home and this kept the kids quiet last night after baths before bed. 

It looks gross, but it is oh-so-good. Seriously. You just have to take my word. I'm sure my kids will get at least one cavity from this, but I'm sure they would think it was worth it. ha. 

No comments: