Monday, March 12, 2012

Our weekend and new friends

We had a busy, but fun weekend! Friday night we didn't do much, knowing the rest of the weekend was going to be jammed with plans. Saturday morning we got up and took Jack to get a haircut on our way to the Discover the Dinosaurs Museum in Novi. I heard about it on the radio and it was pretty fun, but expensive. I have lots of pictures, so I'll post those tomorrow hopefully. After that, we came home, ate lunch, and Jack took a nap. Hunter drove us nuts for 1 1/2 hours for quiet time. We left at 3:30pm to go to a friend's house in Novi. Nick and Brandon met through work stuff and he and his wife have three super sweet girls. Cassie is 5, Carlyn is almost 4, and Eden is almost 2. We had a pizza party at their house, played with their toys, played outside, and overall had a really fun time. The kids did well together although on several occasions Cassie would come tell me how "crazy" Hunter is. No surprise there. It is truly fascinating to observe the differences in how boy and girls play. The three girls were so sweet letting Hunter (and Jack) be rough with their toys! Sunday we went to church and grocery shopping. At 12:30pm my neighbor, Calise, came to watch Jack (for the first time). Nick and I took Hunter to "Bring your parents to school" from 1-3pm. Calise did really well with Jack and we were happy to give Hunter some undivided attention. He showed us what he's working on in school (pictures of that soon too!). When we got home Nick's brother, Mark, came over to watch the MSU vs. OSU game with us. Well, with Nick. I played outside with the kids. It was a beautiful day and too nice to sit inside and watch tv--spring tease for sure!! We took baths and went to bed early :) Hunter woke up at 3am saying it wasn't tired. We finally got him back to bed and not five minutes later Jack woke up crying. I can barely keep my eyes open right now. Well, lots more pictures coming from our weekend. We had a good time and have several more busy weekends coming up, but we love to hang out with friends and do stuff, so I'm not complaining.


Here are just a few pictures I snapped with my cell phone on Saturday night :)

Cassie & Carlyn wanted to play "dress up" with Jack in the basement. Hey, I had to get a picture...anything to embarrass him later in life. He sported it well! If it hadn't been for the pizza arriving, I would have had many more pictures.
Jack enjoyed the attention from the girls. They were seriously so sweet!! I wanted to take them home with me!


Hunter and Cassie...I love his expression if you look closely. He has been talking about them since we left. The youngest, Eden, told Hunter she loved him, so this morning he said "Mommy, Eden loves me and I love her too". So cute.

Carlyn & Jack were hugging and kissing at the dinner table too. I just love it. Before we left I think at least 10-15 hugs and kisses were exchanged between all the kids!

Well, I hope we can get together with them again soon. Brendan, the dad, is a wholesaler in our business and Nick has gotten to know him. They are from Philadelphia and are just a really sweet family.


No comments: