Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Have I told you...

...how much I love my husband? I have had a lot of "mommy and wife guilt" lately b/c I've been so busy. I went to Las Vegas for three nights and four days two weekends ago. It was a long weekend for Nick and Hunter puked a lot that weekend. I had a late meeting last week at church. We had the weekend from hell this past weekend. Our power went out at 1am or so on Friday night/Saturday morning. We woke up to a very cold house. Well, we were woken up several times by kids in the middle of the night too. We left at 8:30 am in our pj's to go to McDonald's for breakfast just to get in the warm car for a bit. We were then gone all day and I didn't get home until 8pm. Thank goodness the power was back on. Jack and I went to my mom's house so I could shower, hang out, visit Gigi, etc. I'm sure I threw my mom's day totally off showing up unannounced at her house for the day (Thanks Mom)! Nick and Hunter came up there after bball too. There went our Saturday. So annoying and such a long day--no nap for Jack either. Sunday morning I woke up at 4:45am feeling very sick. Like the flu sick. I was in bed most of the day. Nick took BOTH kids to church--he should get an award for that. Although Hunter went to pre-school at church and I think he dumped Jack in the nursery so he probably had a peaceful hour at mass. I don't care b/c I got to stay home in bed. I was out of commission the WHOLE DAY. I went up to bed at 8pm and couldn't fall asleep till midnight, but at least I caught up on Celebrity Apprentice! Then back up again at 3am for the rest of the night. I didn't even go to work on Monday b/c I still felt terrible. Nick stayed home Monday morning until Julie arrived b/c I couldn't be alone with the kids in case I had bathroom emergencies (TMI, I know). He likes to go to work early on Mondays, but he stayed and took Hunter to school. I have a church meeting tonight and won't even be able to come home in between work and my meeting. My dad is going to come help him though b/c I called him and asked him. I am good at trying to arrange help when I'm gone a lot. I am going to be leaving them again for several days at the end of March. Poor guy. I keep telling him how much I love and appreciate him and how sorry I am...he says he can step up and he certainly does. Things aren't perfect when I'm gone (i.e. MESSY), but I won't even complain. He is such a great daddy and husband. He doesn't complain, he just does the work. He even took Jack to the grocery store last night for me. I am a lucky woman!!! Thanks Nick. I don't tell you enough, but you are the BEST and I'm so glad I married you :)

Just for fun...

Here is Hunter shivering and eating pancakes from McDonalds when the power was out :) Poor kiddos. I seriously get resentment towards Nick when the power goes out and I hear the people across the street and behind us with their generators. I think one day I need to just buy one and put my foot down. Oh wait, this post is supposed to be about how awesome my hubby is.


ha! I think I will tell him before we ever finish the basement and do the theatre room he wants that I want a generator!


Happy Monday :)


No comments: