Monday, March 19, 2012

Catching up...

Wow...I just realized I haven't blogged in 6 days. That's a long time for me, but I've been so busy (I sound like a broken record). I am barely keeping my head above water. I need to get all the posts ready and just post one per day. I want to keep up mostly as a way to journal things for the kids and b/c my memory stinks. As a side note, I actually had a conversation about this with friend at MOPS last week. She is like Nick and remembers everything. Nick hears a song on the radio and says, "This came out in 6th grade, my teacher was Miss ABC, and it was during basketball season when I listened to it". I can't remember any teachers, professors, etc. I know my 3rd grade teachers b/c I had two of them and they were mean. I am bad with names too. Thank goodness for being able to set reminders on my phone. Actually, my short term memory is good. Long term, not so much. I think it's selective, not that I'm not smart--haha--call it what you will. I remember the important things...like stuff about Nick, the kids, and my work responsibilities. I am a list maker too, so that helps.


Anyway, so much has been going on. We had a super busy, but fun weekend. Friday night there were 16 people at my house for Gigi's 83rd birthday. Saturday morning I had to be at church at 10am for a meeting, 11-1 volunteering for MOPS, and then we went out with two other couples to our club for St. Patty's Day. Sunday we went to church, Costco, and then my mother-in-law and husband came to see us (well, the kids I'm sure). They got back from Texas last weekend and haven't seen us since Christmas. Lots of pictures to post this week...My goal is to catch up by this weekend. I got some adorable pictures of Jack eating broccoli, Hunter making a birthday decoration for Jesus (I love my Hunter), Vegas pics I got from my friend, and more :)


My other goal for the week is to catch up on yahoo emails. I have been a bad friend to basically everyone. I feel really guilty about it too, so I am going to work hard and getting back in touch and responding to friends I haven't talked to or responded to from like months ago. Gosh, that is so rude of me!!


Happy Monday. I'm sad there is no Bachelor tonight. I wonder when the new Bachelorette with Emily starts??


No comments: