Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What's been going on...

1) I have been MIA for several reasons. First, I got a new laptop last week. I HATE dealing with this stuff. Transferring info from one to the other, figuring out a new version on windows and all of that. I let the computer sit in a box for a week b/c I just didn't want to deal with it. I spent most of my week last week getting things set up. Then on Saturday I dropped my old laptop on the floor and now it's not working. Good thing I set it up when I did. I hope I can fix it b/c the only thing I haven't transferred are my pictures...the most important thing as far as I'm concerned.




2) We were pretty busy last weekend. It was good though! Nick and I were teaching 16 engaged couples at our church about "Money and Marriage". It was Friday night and Saturday. I really enjoy doing this ministry with Nick and also listening to the other presenters. It's rewarding and so fun to meet more people in our parish. Sunday Jack and I went to church alone, but I was fine with that. My clients/friends sat behind me with their little boy. A lady who Jack seems to love sat next to us. She comes alone to church and is so sweet. We are always sitting in the same area, so Jack has taken a liking to her and vice versus. She is a Eucharistic Minister and he gets upset when she leaves to go up and prepare for that. So cute! Then on my other side was a family that I met the day before at the marriage seminar. I am so happy that we are getting to know more and more people at our church. It's fun to go and be surrounded by people we know and like :)



3) Monday we were off work for President's Day. Hunter is off the whole week for mid-winter break. I took Jack to his music class while Nick and Hunter went to Jungle Java for three hours! Then I took Jack with me to the hospital to get my blood drawn and a few other errands. We had a nice few days together for the most part :)


4) I leave tomorrow for Vegas. I'm going with one of my bff's from high school, Amber. Her friend/co-worker is turning 40 and several couples are going. I'm her date since she is single. I'm looking forward to getting away and I know we will have a great time together. However, I am not the least bit ready to leave and am pretty much freaking out right now. Too much work to do and haven't packed, gotten kids/house, etc situated. Not good. I come back Sunday night. This is the first time I've left the kids to go do something fun without my family. I know I need it and so does Nick, so he's cool with it. His brother is coming to stay the night Friday night. Saturday my sister is taking Hunter for most of the afternoon/evening, so it shouldn't be too bad. I have way to much "mommy guilt" though. Nick has left me MANY times for conferences, to visit clients, so I shouldn't feel badly, but I do...I'll miss my kids and feel badly that Nick is having to do so much. Maybe he will appreciate me more when I return? Maybe for a day or two.

5) Well, I will probably not be blogging again till next week when I am back. Wish me luck at the blackjack table! On a happy note, here is a picture of my cutie pie. He hasn't used the potty for real, but he sure looks like he's trying and concentrating here!?!?

I love the expression on his face!!!!!






No comments: