Thursday, February 9, 2012

My day--just had to post

Overall, my day was halfway decent. Nick stayed home this morning until 7:45am and made breakfast for the kids. Hunter slept in. All was good until about 8:15am...time to take Hunter to school. First, we put the dog in the crate and w/n 10 seconds he proceeds to pee all over! He's never done this before. Nick had let him out, so I don't know why he would do this. I had to let him out, take out the pad/cover from his crate, wipe up pee, get towels for the crate, and get him back in there...all the while the kids are pressing buttons on the washer and dryer, climbing in the washer, not putting their coats on, etc. We finally get out the door and as I'm lifting up Jack into his seat I smell poo. Buckle Hunter in, turn a movie on in the car, and have to go back in and change Jack...ahhh. Almost late for school, but we made it....stressed out by 8:45am. I then had to drive to Brighton to pick something up from my dr office (not related to the below) and went to see a friend and her little girl in West Bloomfield for a bit before heading back to get Hunter from school at 1pm.

I should back up by saying I didn't get good sleep last night. My eye was really hurting and I was rubbing it, it was watery, etc. I thought it might have been my contacts irritating them or something. I woke up at 1am with it still itching and bugging me. Well, this morning they still itch and hurt and it dawns on me that I have pink eye. Hunter's teacher sent home a note saying someone in his class has it and as I'm reading the symptoms--yep, that's what I have! I call my dr who fortunately is cool and she calls in a prescription for me. I started the antibiotics today, so I am not going to be contagious starting tomorrow. The day was all good (besides Hunter not napping), until about 5pm. I put a piece of gum in my mouth and as I'm chewing, a can feel a piece of a filling break off...it made my gum nice and crunchy. Now I have a super sharp spot in my mouth and I know they want me to get a crown, but I was hoping to procrastinate. My good friend is a dentist, they recently moved back to MI, she just had a baby, and is starting a new job in a month, so I was going to switch to her once she starts. I have to talk to her to see if I can leave it as is until she starts her job...if I can handle this sharp spot until then. What a day. At least tomorrow is Friday!! I have three appointments, so the day should fly by. As a side note, one of my appointments is a girl who called our office randomly...she inherited a lot of money. Turns out she recognized me from elementary school. She lived in the subdivision next to me and we rode the bus together. Crazy!! I didn't recognize her, but we all know how my memory is (and if you don't, just ask Nick). PS. If you google "female financial advisor ann arbor mi" my name comes up first...I have gotten a lot of clients this way (and several big ones I might add). I didn't pay for it, it's not a "sponsored" site, but it's awesome that I show up first on the list. Anyway, enough babbling...off to bed. Nick is playing bball tonight, so I play to watch some trash tv such as Teen Mom 2 or something so I can fall asleep easily.

No comments: