Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm back

I got back from Las Vegas on Sunday night. Our flight was delayed and I didn't get home until 10pm. Hunter really wanted to wait up, so I found Nick and Hunter on the couch watching a movie when I got home. I took him to bed and gave him hundreds of kisses to make up for being gone :) All in all the kids did fine. I appreciate Mark and Emily helping with the kids (and Hannah and Julie)--thank you!! Hunter was throwing up Friday night and once Sunday night (after I got home), but has been fine since. Here are a few pictures from our trip, but I'm waiting for my friend to send me the ones she took with her camera :)


We left Thursday morning and got in around noon Vegas time, so checked into our hotel and then walked around. I won money at the blackjack table right away--yay! Amber and I did a ton of walking b/c she wanted to see all the hotels. We also played slots with the other people we were with, which was fun. Small world, but some of the other women there were from Brighton and we rode the bus together in middle school!! My parents know their parents b/c they brought their cars into my dad's shop too. Crazy!


Friday night we walked by the "Pop Up Wedding Chapel" and watched these people get married. I think it was a 10 minute ceremony. Not my cup of tea, but it was fun to watch!
We took a cab to the Wynn one day and then walked back to our hotel. The hotel is so beautiful. I just love it and want to stay there some day (when I win the lottery??). All these fresh flower balls were amazing too...


We rode the roller coaster at New York New York, gambled, hung out, walked around, had the buffet at the Paris Hotel, saw George Wallace (front row), and just had a good time all in all. I missed my kids and husband a lot and was happy to come home. Thanks Amber for inviting me to be your "date"....it was kind of weird going somewhere with someone other than Nick b/c I haven't done that in about 10 years, but it was fun!! I just missed having a man around to carry my bags, especially with my bad back. No wild or crazy stuff happened...I had a few too many Corona's on Friday night and was not up for drinking at all on Saturday :(

I also got Nick a super cool souvenir, but have been debating if I want to post it or not. It's hilarious, so I want to, but not sure who might see it.


Need to post pictures of kids soon :) Coming home and seeing them makes me appreciate them all so much more!!!


No comments: