Tuesday, February 14, 2012

No title...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love this "holiday" and have been talking to Hunter about what it means. I just like that it's an excuse to be extra nice to each other and talk about LOVE. I made Valentine's cards for Hunter to take to school for all of his friends b/c they have a party. Plus some goodies for his teachers. I got Nick a cool gift and since I was out in Novi for an appointment today, I decided to surprise him at work and bring him his gift. I saw two dozen roses on his desk, so that surprise was somewhat ruined, but oh well. I know he got me a couple of charms for my bracelet from the kids too. I also got the kids a few little treats too that I'll give to them tonight. Our nanny got the boys some cute gifts too...they both got shirts that they are wearing today. I plan to take pictures of them when I get home. She is so sweet to think of them and get them something (and of course we get her something too!). She also got Hunter a puzzle and Jack a little toy too...so sweet. The shirt she got Hunter says "Handsome Littl Devil", so he kept saying this morning "I'm a handsom little devil"...not even knowing what a devil is, but he can be one, so it's rather fitting.


On another note, Hunter and I did some baking this past weekend....we made these oatmeal cookies on Friday night--they were so yummy. Then we make a fruit pizza on Sunday which was so good. See below. I'm really broadening my horizons...haha. It's been fun and I really enjoy doing things like this with Hunter.

Nana got each kid a Christmas apron. She had Hunter over to bake Christmas cookies, so we wore the apron to make the fruit pizza.


The end result. Isn't it pretty? It was really easy. The "crust" was sugar cookie, the base was a cream cheese and sugar concoction, and then we put kiwi, blueberries, and strawberries on it. So yummy! Plus I just love the way it looks. I got the recipe from my MOPS newsletter.


Oh, Lord, help me. I think I have a child who likes to throw tantrums on my hands. Hunter NEVER did this. Well, once...he freaked out b/c he wanted a green Starburst and when I said there are no such thing, he got very upset. I actually got it on video b/c I just couldn't believe it, but he was never one to do this. Jack, on the other hand, it's his new thing. If he's upset, he throws himself down and cries. I try to ignore it. The best part is after a minute he looks up to see if you are still there and if you are he puts his head right back down and continues crying. It's quite funny, but I try not to laugh. I usually will walk away and hide so he doesn't see me giving him the attention he clearly wants!


Looking up to see if I'm paying attention to him! haha. It is so cute, but I hope it stops soon and doesn't blow up into a full blown issue where he does this when he doesn't get his way.


Well, I hope you are having a great week. My back has been hurting so badly. I have gone to bed super early the last two nights. I am SO frustrated by it all. Ahhhh. You know I'm feeling bad if I go to bed at 8:15pm on Monday night and skip watching the Bachelor. LOL. Hopefully I can get Nick to watch it with me tonight!

No comments: