Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day Fun

Our nanny, Julie, is SO sweet. She brought goodies over for the kids on Monday morning...she always does way too much for them on the holidays and their birthdays! Jack got a V-day shirt, a fishing pole game, and some cotton candy. Hunter got a V-Day shirt, a 100 piece Woody (Toy Story) puzzle, and some cotton candy. I'm glad she got them shirts b/c I just didn't get around to it this year. I'm sure I would have had one for Jack that was Hunter's at age 2, but I'm not sure I would have found the energy to look for it! She took some pictures with our camera too...We got her some chocolates, a picture frame, Target gift card, and the kids made her a cute card (with my help).

The tux tee-shirt cracks me up!!


Hunter doesn't really know what a "devil" is, even though he can be one. However, he was walking around all morning after I put it on him saying "I'm a handsome little devil!" I'm starting to wonder what Julie really thinks of him after getting this shirt and another with a mean dog on it that says, "Beware of me"...haha. J/k, I know she loves him. I need to give her a brief lesson on using our camera, but in her defense, it's a little complicated.


Not sure if she got this idea from pintrest or if she's just creative, but the kids made these for me with their hand prints and footprint--SO cute. It seriously made my day when I came home from work and saw them. Nick didn't have the kids do anything for me, so he should be thanking Julie :)

Surprisingly, Jack didn't care for the cotton candy....I can't say I'm not a little happy though b/c it's pure sugar, but oh well.
Spitting it out? Playing the fishing pole magnet game from Julie
Hunter, on the other hand, liked his cotton candy. I figure it will last for a while if he has a few bites every time he remembers to ask for it!
Blue tongue!
Silly boy...he is a handsome little devil for real--the shirt was perfect!
Julie also found this cool recipe for taco cupcakes on pintrest, so I bought the ingredients and Hunter and Julie made them for us for dinner on Tuesday. Nick and I thought they were yummy, but the kids didn't care much for them. You make them with these won ton papers (I didn't even know what those were, but they are in the produce section)...they are like the chip. Then you put queso, black beans, sour cream, cheese, etc. in them. Yummy!


Overall, I had a nice Valentine's Day. I stopped at Nick's work (b/c I was right by there for a client lunch meeting on Tuesday) to surprise him with his gift. I got him this money clip that he really wanted. I figured if he didn't get it soon he'd buy it for himself like he always does. He got me 1 1/2 dozen roses and a pandora charm. I also got the kids a few little treats, but I think Julie outdid me...it's all good, they don't know the difference....yet.

No comments: