Friday, February 26, 2010

Bye bye kiddos!



Nick and I are in Phoenix right now. Nick qualified for this trip through work and we're at a nice resort/spa for the weekend--all expenses paid. We came here two years ago and brought Hunter with us, but it was really hard to deal with the time change (3 hours). He was up at like 4am and ready for bed at 6pm so we didn't want to deal with that again with two kids. We got here this morning...almost. The lines were so bad at the airport we had to ask people if we could cut in front of them and then RUN all the way to our gate. We made it with two minutes to spare--this is not like us, but the security lines were horrible. We left Jack and Hunter with Nana for the weekend...our first time away from Jack (and second or so time away from Hunter). I am very happy to be here although the weather is not as nice as we'd hoped. We really need the sleep and some time for us, but I miss them already. I know they will have fun with Nana, but I also feel guilty about the fact that my mom will be getting up in the night with Jack. I am going to try not to worry about it and enjoy this time away! We'll be back Monday afternoon and Hunter will probably not even have missed us :)

No comments: