Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Potty Time!

I bought Hunter this adorable potty several months ago. It has a sensor in it so if he pees in it plays a song. You can also "flush" it and it has a holder for a roll of toilet paper--it's so cute. Anyway, he sits on it when I'm in the bathroom going potty, but has not had much desire to go in it. I decided I'd let him do it at his own pace since everyone tells me boys take longer than girls to learn. Ok, I'm also too tired and lack the energy/patience to deal with it right now. He has been showing signs of being ready (telling me when he poops, hiding when he poops, etc). However, our awesome nanny (Monica), has been motivated to get him to use the potty...so today since they are at home all day since both kids have colds, they pulled out the potty into the kitchen. Hunter was naked from the waist down most of the morning and peed in his potty!!! He's used it 3 times so far. She said he sat on it for a long time reading books and finally went. She texted me this picture and you can see how proud he is of his pee-pee in the potty. I actually stopped home b/c I'd taken Jack to the dr this morning and we did a little dance around the kitchen so he could see how proud I was of him. We twirled around singing "pee-pee in the potty. pee-pee in the potty. yay hunter!!!"

We have a "reward chart" in the kitchen and he gets stickers when he does certain things (i.e. helps with Jack, helps with Chopper, helps with laundry, eats his dinner, etc)...the "using the potty" now has a sticker!! I'm so proud of him :)

1 comment:

Bubby's Mommy said...

Leo was naked most of the time I potty trained him. It works; I am anxious to get going with Maya but Koji keeps telling me it's too soon. She knows the word for potty though!