Thursday, March 7, 2013

Countdown to kid-free trip, poopy experience, and other stuff

Nick and I are going to AZ from March 11-14th with no kids...can't wait. We have had a heck of a couple of weeks with kids and behavior stuff, so I'm almost counting the hours till we get a break. 
It's at a resort/spa...Nick has some classes to attend and I will gladly sit by the pool alone reading books or going to the spa! Can't wait--it is much needed!
Here is our new look of the kitchen island. I should have taken a "before" picture. Let's just say it was a dumping ground for toys, papers, and lots of other stuff. I'm trying to stick to this look minus a few important things that have to be dealt with in a timely fashion. Jessica, our nanny, even said the kitchen looked bigger! ha! We'll see how long it lasts. 



On another note, I am embarrassed to admit this...I had the worst experience with poop last night. I want to document this so I can remind my kids of this later in life. Nick had to work late last night, Jessica was sick so I was off half day, and lets just say by 6:30pm when soccer started I was TIRED and patience was worn thin. Jack had only napped for 45 minutes and was crabby. First, halfway through soccer Hunter runs over b/c he has to poop. This soccer place is not the cleanest--ugh. So both kids in tow we head to the ladies bathroom. Hunter takes at least 5 minutes pooping while Jack proceeds to check out each stall and keeps saying he has to pee....it was chaos. I get Hunter cleaned up, hands washed and back out to practice a whole 10 minutes later. Then right near the end of practice Jack ducks down behind me and poops his pants!! Another dad was like "I think your kid is pooping". AHHHHH. I'm driving my mom's car while mine is getting fixed, so I had no wipes, no change of clothes, etc. He is mostly potty trained but the poop is an issue--he still wears underwear except when sleeping.  I wait till Hunter gets his stamp and class is dismissed before dragging both kids back to the bathroom. Jack was doing a crazy waddle so I knew we were in trouble. I had no clue....we all crowd into the handicap stall and I could not believe what was going on....out his undies, smeared all the way down his legs, and onto his pants and socks. Dry toilet paper just doesn't cut it in this situation. I ended up throwing out the underwear, half way wiping him up and just pulling his pants back up and he was going straight home into the shower. It was seriously SO gross....words can't describe. Then he passed out in the car on the way home b/c of his short nap and I still had to wake him for a shower--then he had his second wind and didn't want to go back to bed! Ahhhh. I was glad to go to bed last night and have the day be over. 

No comments: