Friday, March 22, 2013

Bring your parents to school day

Last Sunday they had "Bring Your Parents to School Day". Nick and I traded off so we could see each child in their classroom. Hunter had a plan written up of all the "work" he does. It included word building, the six chains, and four place addition. He is considered one of the math experts in his room, which he is clearly proud of (and so are we). The younger kids are supposed to ask him for help before getting a teacher. I really have no clue how they teach kids math in Montessori and honestly, I don't recall how I was taught math, but I'm sure it wasn't like this. It's a really interesting process and clearly it works b/c he is quite good at math! He can do long addition problems, read numbers really well, etc. It takes quite a long time to put all this together, so he was so happy to show me the entire work. 





I didn't take any pics of Jack, but he just switched into a bigger kid room and they can't really just do what work they want, they have to have a lesson on it first. I did have to laugh b/c Jack's new teacher said he says "NO!" a lot. Ahhhhhh....he was a great two year old, but a more challenging 3 year old. He's pretty easy, but getting more opinionated and becoming more of a stinker by the day!! 

7 days till Disney Cruise and counting.......So much to do in such little time!!! 

No comments: