Friday, January 25, 2013

Florida pics--Air boat ride

We went to Everglade City the second day (30 miles from Marco) and went on an air boat ride in the everglades. It was too chilly for the beach or pool, so it was a good afternoon to go. It was really neat!! The kids really enjoyed it, even though we didn't see any alligators. 

 Hunter and Jack must take after their Nana b/c Nick and I did not want to touch the alligator and they were holding it! Thanks but no thanks. 

 All 6 of us plus the captain fit on the boat--it's loud so they give you headphones to wear. 
 This guy landed right in front of me. He kept staring at me and it was totally freaking me out, but made for some awesome pics! He was only about 1-2 feet from me! 


 I love my camera! 

 The water is very shallow (like two feet deep), but since there is no motor it works. We were going super fast around the corners which was super fun.


 The captain stopped so both kids could have a seat in his spot for pics :) (He works for tips!)
 I love Jack's facial expression here--like he's so tough for holding the baby alligator! 
 Another boat we passed...they do this spin-out moves which was neat. Our captain said he didn't want to do it with the kids and I said we wouldn't let them fall out, so we had a few spin moves...like spinning out on a jet-ski. Nick and I got a little wet, but it was fun. Jack kept saying "do it again!"


Do you see the raccoons coming out of the woods? 
 I guess they are used to being fed, so they come out and beg....I still hate them and was afraid they would jump on the boat. 
 They were out on the branches getting as close as possible to us...we could have touched them (the captain did, but no thanks). He claims they bite, but since they don't have rabies you don't have to go to the hospital....yeah, I would not be taking any chances with that.  

I guess I'm like my dad...
he would not have ANYTHING to do with the alligator. He's such a baby about it--he wouldn't touch it either. My mom loves that stuff. 

More pics to come from the beach! 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Thanks...


Miami Everglades tours