Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What I've been up to...

I feel like a broken record! Life has been rough. However, one good thing about this week is that Hunter is at camp at school (8:30-3:30) and loves it! He comes home exhausted, which is also a good thing. I have not been feeling well. I think it's a combination of over-doing it, committing to too much, then getting sick last week, and still feeling badly. I finally called my dr today and they are calling me in a prescription for something (guess I'll find out when I get there to pick it up?). I am so tired and weak it's not even funny--I feel like I got hit by a truck. I still have shortness of breath, coughing, wheezing a bit, etc. Not fun. It's just dragging me down even more and I'm sure with my healing and weakened immune system from surgery, it is just making things worse. If I didn't have a job or kids, I would be in bed all day, but I don't have that luxury. I've gone to bed by 9:15pm for about 5 nights straight and no motivation to do laundry, clean my house, etc. Last night I actually had Jack change the laundry and help me vacuum. I actually felt a tiny bit guilty, but then I remember how much he loves to help his mama and do work around the house. He will make a good hubby someday and his future wife can thank me for that. Thank God for one easy child...not perfect, but in comparison, he's close to an angel. haha. I still love my Hunter no matter how sassy or mean he can be at times. Well, please pray that things get a little easier. Nick and I both feel emotionally and physically exhausted right now. Then I'm going to be out of town for three weekends in a row after this coming weekend...I should be excited, but right now I'm just wondering how I will have the energy to get through July. I never thought I'd be wishing summer vacations away. I'm not really a brat, but just a tired mommy in pain, crabby, tired, and too much on her plate. 


Here are a few pics from my iphone over the last few days. Nick took our camera in to get fixed for me (thanks honey). 
 Jack's first bee sting out on the deck. He cried for a few minutes and then was ok after cuddle time and a cold washcloth. He still points to the corner of the deck and says "bee" a lot. 
 Isn't he precious???
 Jack vacuuming the family room last night
 My day yesterday was not good. I was home b/c our nanny was sick. I am sick. Jack was playing with this stupid hamster on wheels while I was changing his diaper. He reached down to his wee-wee, turned it on, and a whole bunch of skin "down there" got caught. I panicked. I turned it off and had to carefully pull the skin out from the side of the wheel. Have you seen "Something About Mary"?? It reminded me of the scene where he zips his thingy in his pants on the way to prom and the fire department has to come to his date's house to help. But not quite that bad. I wish I would have taken a picture of it caught in there, but that would have been very mean of me and not blog appropriate anyway! 
Then yesterday this cast iron dog statue thing we have tipped over on my foot (don't ask, long story). I seriously tought for a while that I broke my toe. It's cut and badly bruised. I had to ice it and put it up for a while. The picture hardly does it justice but it HURT. At least I have nicely painted toes thanks to an awesome friend who took me for a mani/pedi a few weeks after my surgery!! These are the types of things that happen to me these days. It's like nothing goes right or my way!! LOL. 

No comments: