Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Catching up....

First, I'm super excited b/c we are getting a new camera today. Finally! Nick bought insurance on our first one and I broke it (well a pop exploded on it, but I didn't say that). Best Buy called him yesterday and said they would replace it and it's a better model. I can't wait to have my camera back, which should result in more blogging. 
We've been so busy these last few weeks. Hunter had his "big game" on June 23rd for tee-ball. They had been practicing and learning fundamentals for this game. It was hilarious. They played three innings and they went around the batting order each time. It was complete and utter chaos. Hunter did good though and one inning he was in the pitcher area even though they hit off a tee, but he got almost every ball. This caused a major problem when he played second base b/c I think he thought he should get every ball. Kids would all run, dive on the ball, fight over the ball, and then once a kid ended up with it they didn't know what to do. It was funny. He's going to play again in the fall b/c he really liked it and has friends on the team. We've also been going to the pool a ton and the lake. The kids are both getting more comfortable with the water as you will see 
below! Hunter had camp at his school last week and had a blast. Next week he has Safety Town, so that will be fun too! 
Hunter and Jack are both taking private swim lessons at our club. Hunter's goal was to jump off the diving board by the end of the summer. Guess what? He did it by the end of June! Granted daddy helps to catch him, but we were excited. He can almost swim to the side doing the doggy paddle.
More action shots
Swimming to the side



 This past weekend we went to the lake and Hunter went tubing all by himself! We went with him most of the way, but Nick and I were tired of it and he still wanted to go, so we kept him out there. Everyone was pointing at him in the canals. Either they thought it was cute or they thought we were awful parents for letting our 4 year old go tubing alone. This kid is brave. I think he's ready for Cedar Point. He will try anything--it makes me happy that he's not super shy or scared of trying new things. 

Our club had this huge Summer Extravaganza last weekend. We went with three other families, but we were all off in different directions after our kids. It's so much fun (for the kids at least). They have a HUGE tent with TONS of food, ice cream, snacks, etc. Bouncy houses, a UM helicopter that lands on the golf course, fireworks, A2 fire trucks, ambulances, police cars, carnival rides, and more. It's quite an event they put on I must say. Anyway, Hunter went on all the rides. We went on the pirate ship, this spinny one above (I wanted to go, but was wearing a skirt), the ferris wheel, and others. I had to take Jack home for bed, but Nick stayed until 11pm with Hunter to see the fireworks. 

 You can see Nick a little bit above in the white shirt on the ride...Nick doesn't like these rides and I do. Next year I won't wear a skirt. I rode the pirate ship one and that was fun! Can't wait to ride roller coasters with the boys!! 


We tried to take pictures of my kids and Joey's kids at my Aunt Rhonda's house on Sunday. We are all going to FL on Thursday to see my grandpa for his birthday. I'm going with my parents, both kids. Nick is staying home with the dog. My aunt, uncle, cousins, and Tyler is coming too. Should be fun, minus the plane ride, car ride, waking up early with kids...is this what a vacation is now? Nick is really the one on vacation and I'm darn jealous. 

We resorted to bribery with suckers. It pretty much was impossible to get all the kids to look our way and be normal. 
  

 Next summer is going to be even more crazy with these four boys playing together!! Right now Jack and Tyler fight over the toys at Rhonda's and that's about it. Ha!  

No comments: