Friday, June 8, 2012

Last Day of School

Thursday (yesterday) was Hunter's last day of school. He had a tummy ache when I dropped him off. Ironically, he was absent ZERO days all year long. I got a call at 10am from Miss Claire saying I needed to come pick him up b/c he was having "issues" and was feeling terrible. I was sad b/c it was his last day. I drove up and got him....he had a little fever and diarrhea. Poor guy. I got to take pictures with two of his teachers, but not one of them. Maybe today. They have a picnic at Independence Lake from 3-6pm, so maybe we'll see him there. 
 Above his Hunter with his head teacher Miss Claire. She is WONDERFUL. He's been in her class for two years of pre-school. I am sad b/c I just found out she is not coming back next year for his Kindergarten year and he would have been in the same class again with her. The kids will be mostly the same, but all three teachers are having changes. Miss Claire is so quiet, patient, and I know she doesn't put up with his behavior issues, which is great. The boy across the street had her in pre-school and said she is "mean and strict". Coming from a 6 year old. Hunter loves her though and I know she is just what he needs! I am sad and hope that next year will be just fine with the transition. Change is hard for me, but I'm sure Hunter will do just fine. 
Above is Hunter and Miss Cathy. She was new this year (just from a different classroom) and one of the assistant teachers. I didn't get to know her that well, but she seems super nice and Hunter always said nice things about her. I didn't get a picture of Mr. Joshua, but maybe later today if he's at the picnic. He's been in Hunter's class for two year and a nice guy. You can tell he's great with kids. 

Overall, from our conference two days ago Miss Claire had nice things to say about him. We need to work on holding a pencil properly b/c penmanship will be big next year. I am excited for the fall and know Hunter is excited to be a "leader" in the classroom. He got good scores on everything. She thinks Montessori is a great fit for him so that makes me happy. He likes math and reading the most. Probably like his mom and dad---not into the creative stuff! 

Well, on another note, I'm doing ok. Still recovering, but coming alone. I won't lie and act like life is perfect. Nick is overwhelmed and I feel sad about that. My to-do list is five pages long and I just can't keep up. I want to go back to work next week...just need to get back into my routine and get work done. 
Please pray for Nick and his happiness...and a safe summer for the kids. And for continued recovery for me. 


No comments: