Friday, October 25, 2013

Random funny and not so funny

Happy Friday!! 
Hunter really wanted to be a vampire this year. I bought face paint and did a practice run of it. I can and will do better for all the Halloween festivities, but the funny part is I painted his face (and we have black spray paint for his hair) and when he went to look at himself in the mirror it really scared him. You could see him thinking "ok, i think this is me, but I'm a little worried"...it was so cute! 
We put the kid in pj's but he always takes them off and when I go to close his door before I go to bed, almost every night, this is how I find him. It makes me laugh every time. I can't wait to show him this when he's older! 
Our big first grader has homework now. He has handwriting practice, practical life work, math facts, and lessons from a spelling/writing book. It is a bit of a battle, but we are finding our way. I LOVE that he has to do practical life work (it's a Montessori thing)...so things like chores, baking, organizing his sock drawer, carving a pumpkin and baking the seeds, etc. He is supposed to write it himself...see below. 
Pretty good for a barely 6 year old! 
Not ready to get out the door for school. He is so happy in the mornings, except when I have to wake him for pre-school :( 
Big boo boo! He fell at the park one day and cut his chin...the gums were swollen, a bump on his forehead, but his teeth were still there! He was so cute--he wanted a band-aid, but then said he couldn't talk with it on. 

At least school pics were the week prior!! 

No comments: