Monday, April 8, 2013

Disney Cruise--Day 1

Tons of pictures from cruise...
We went on the 8 day Disney cruise. It left from Galveston, TX on 3/29 and returned 4/6. We stopped in the Bahamas, Port Canaveral (Disneyworld day), and Key West. It was a long time to be gone and to only have one room for the four of us! We should have splurged on the suite if you ask me. I convinced Nick to call and ask to upgrade, but they said it was full. Now that I think about it, I probably should have called myself b/c he probably just lied to me! 
The kids had a great time!!
Deck party once we boarded the boat...
 Deck party when we departed...all the characters came out and the kids loved it! 

 Tons of people!! 

 Our servers at dinner were the best. Our head server was Evandrao (AKA Rambo--pics coming). His assistant sever was Marcus who LOVED Jack. They made dinner super fun--pirate night, sword fights, napkin hats, goofing around, etc.....see above ketchup :)
 Jack did not get a nap on 3/29. Probably first time ever NOT having a nap in like 2 years! He was doing ok, but all the sudden he asked to sit on my lap and then totally passed out. It was hilarious and so adorable. 
 He was out cold by 6pm. We took him to bed and he was done until the next morning! He didn't even wake up when I put his pj's on. He was one worn out kiddo! 
 Hunter was still going strong, so Nick and Hunter went exploring...
 Captain Mickey....so cute!! 
Hunter had so much fun with the characters---he puts on this cute fake smile :)
Jack and I were long asleep while these two stayed up. 

It was hard b/c Jack was ready for bed early, so I ended up going back to the room many nights and Hunter and Nick would go see a movie, Hunter would go to kid's club, etc. 
Jack was not a big fan of the kid's club. He went a few times, but would not last long. They had these horrible cell phones on the ship, but we'd get a text when Jack wanted to get picked up. After dinner Jack would say, "I'm ready for nap!"....and was crashed by 9pm most nights. If I had to do it again, I'd wait till Jack was 5 and not napping anymore--or have a balcony so I could have sat outside while he was napping. Instead I ended up napping or reading in the room when I could have been in the sun...and Hunter/Nick had to stay away while Jack slept. 

No comments: