Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hunter's 6th Birthday!

In lieu of a big party this year, we took Hunter to Cedar Point. He is about 49 inches tall and most rides are 48 inches. There were a handful he can't do, but most he could. Jack stayed home with Gammy Dori all day and we had a great day just spending some needed one-on-one time with our oldest child. We did have grandparents and a few people over on his actual birthday, so we still got to celebrate with family :) 

I was equally proud of his bravery and nervous about his fearlessness. He went on the Magnum front car, with hands up. We rode the Millennium--ok that is scary!!! He went on a bunch of other scary rides too...wow. 
 He drove the antique car and Nick and I sat in the backseat like he was our driver...he took it very seriously...it was so cute! 

 Ok, this ride is new and pretty scary! I was screaming. Hunter had his hands up! It's like a super-duper pirate ship times ten. We rode it at least three times. Oh, and we got the fast passes--totally worth it!! 


 Nick and I in the backseat of the antique car
 Hunter and I on the ferris wheel. I don't usually ride this and I hated it. I don't like when it keeps stopping and starting and being up so high. I seriously think this is scarier for me than roller coasters!!
 We left about 9pm. It was also Halloweekends at CP, so we did some haunted houses. The first one he was super scared and I felt like a bad mom. I basically put my hand over his eyes and walked him through. Then he wanted to do another! I was shocked. I'm surprised he didn't have nightmares. 
 Opening birthday gifts :)
 The funniest part about the cake situation was that we didn't realize when we started to sing that Jack was sitting over in the sunroom. As soon as Hunter blew them out we heard this heart-wrenching cry. Jack was SO SAD he had missed it. So we had to do round two and let him help Hunter blow them out. Alana and Tyler wanted to help too! 









Happy 6th Birthday Hunter!! We love you so much!! 

No comments: